IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services sector team is recruiting an Investment Analyst to be based in its Delhi office. Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring, and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects.
Investment Analysts help identify new projects and assist Investment Officers in executing deals, advising private companies on restructuring and using new financial instruments (e.g. risk management tools).
The contract for this position has an initial duration of 2 years (renewable), with a one-year probation period and subject to be renewed.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The roles and responsibilities of the position will include but not be limited to:
• Create financial models;
• Analyze historical financial statements;
• Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts;
• Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements and project progress;
• Prepare documentation for IFC’s internal processes;
• Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities;
• Join in investment appraisal trips;
• Participate in investments negotiations;
• Participate in the monitoring of investments in portfolio companies.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance;
• Experience in a financial institution (2+years) with a proven track record;
• Experience in projects related to manufacturing, agribusiness and services sectors will be a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
• Facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
• Demonstrated teamwork skills;
• Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Fluent in English.
|City, State:||New Delhi|
|Closing date:||January 27, 2021|