IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
IFC is currently looking for a motivated, multi-tasking Investment Analyst to support the Western European Country Managers in their role and engagement with the private sector, governments, development financial institutions and other stakeholders. Responsibilities will include (but not limited to) conducting market analysis and mapping exercises to identify new target Western European clients, desktop reviews of potential Western European clients/sponsors including detailed financial analysis and background checks, support in preparation of pitch books, briefs and other marketing material for client and country engagement meetings and support in overall county and client relationship management. The Investment analyst will also provide assistance to visiting missions and help to organize business development workshops and other events.
The position is based in London and will report to the London-based Country Managers, with final overview by the Director for Western Europe, based in Paris.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.Background / General description
DRResponsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyze political developments, research and map companies, track and analyze relevant market and industry information
• Analyze historical and projected financial statements
• Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients;
• Prepare documentation for IFC internal process including company and country briefs, strategic notes and presentations and initial project information often under tight deadlines ;
• Prepare client pitch books and other marketing presentations;
• Maintain an updated portfolio and pipeline database as well as other excel trackers as needed;
• Logistical arrangements, as needed, including but not limited to arranging and coordinating meeting programs; meeting and conference preparation; ad-hoc assignments.Duties and Accountabilities
SC• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
• 2+ years’ work experience in corporate or project finance (internships included).
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
• Strong credit analysis and modeling skills;
• •Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work without close supervision
• •Team spirit and eagerness to take on new challenges
• Keen interest in development finance and multicultural environments
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (oral and written);
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English. Spanish or Italian would be an advantageSelection Criteria