IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY15, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $18 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org.
IFC offers a full range of financial products across the entire capital value chain, with a long-term investment horizon and deep knowledge of Emerging Markets. With one of the largest footprints in Emerging Markets, IFC offers local knowledge, linkages to other clients and portfolios, as well as an understanding of regulations and local domains.
The Venture Capital (CTTVC) division is IFC’s venture arm that invests in venture/early growth companies that offer innovative technologies or business models with high impact potential in emerging markets. By executing transactions at an earlier phase than IFC’s more traditional business, we enhance the organization’s strong commitment to innovation, supporting local businesses, and accelerating cross border technology transfers. The CTTVC team investments focuses globally in sectors such as Internet, technology, and healthcare, and continues to look at these areas keenly in the Southeast Asia region.
CTTVC is looking to recruit an Investment Analyst in IFC’s Singapore office to support the team’s investment activity in the Southeast Asian region. Analysts on the CTTVC team are responsible for supporting the origination, structuring, negotiation, and subsequent supervision of the division’s investment projects.
The selected candidate will report to the Principal Investment Officer of IFC Venture Capital (CTTVC). For more information, please visit http://www.ifc.org/vc.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.Background / General description
• Create financial models;
• Analyze historical financial statements;
• Evaluate early stage business models;
• Participate in investment diligence and negotiations;
• Conduct industry, market and company research;
• Prepare documents for internal investment decision-making.
• Monitoring of investments in portfolio companies;
• Prepare documents reporting on periodic financial statements and project progress;
• Prepare documentation for IFC’s internal processes.Duties and Accountabilities
SC• Chartered Accountant, Bachelor’s or equivalent degree from a reputable academic institution; candidates with a strong technical or engineering background coupled with financial knowledge are preferred;
• Experience in a VC/PE investment or investment banking firm (2+ years) with a proven track record is preferred;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
• Strong interest in venture investing, emerging markets and technology innovation;
• Facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
• Excellent writing and presentation skills;
• Strong aptitude in basic financial software applications (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, research and financial databases);
• Fluent in English; knowledge of at least one other foreign language desirable; and
• Local candidates preferred.
Applications must be submitted online. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates can check the status of their applications by visiting http://www.ifc.org/careers.Selection Criteria