IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
The successful candidate will work in the English Speaking Caribbean sub-region of the Latin America and Caribbean Department. S/he will work directly with IFC’s Head for the English Speaking Caribbean on business development; project development and monitoring; and general research for the sub-region.
Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring, and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects. Investment Analysts help identify new projects and assist Investment Officers in executing deals, advising private companies on restructuring and using new financial instruments (e.g. risk management tools).
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.Background / General description
DRResponsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create financial models;
• Analyze historical and projected financial statements;
• Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts;
• Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients;
• Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes;
• Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities;
• Participate in investments negotiations;
• Participate in the monitoring of investments in portfolio companies.Duties and Accountabilities
SC• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance;
• Experience in a financial institution (3 years, 5 years desired) with a proven track record;
• Experience in projects related to Financial Markets, Infrastructure and services sectors as well as Public Private Partnerships will be a plus
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
• Facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
• Demonstrated teamwork skills;
• Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Fluent in English.
As a representative of the World Bank Group, all professional activities are expected to be consistent with our Core Values: personal honesty, integrity, commitment, working together in teams -with openness and trust; empowering others and respecting differences; encouraging risk-taking and responsibility; enjoying our work and our families.
Applications should be sent in English. All applications must be submitted through this website. The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Cover letter should clearly describe the relevant results the candidate has delivered in prior positions, rather than simply listing responsibilities. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The contract for this position has an initial duration of 2 years (renewable), with a one-year probation period and subject to be renewed. This is a local hire (paid in local currency). The appointee will be stationed in Kingston, Jamaica.Selection Criteria