IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org.
Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring, and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects. Investment Analysts help identify new projects and assist Investment Officers in executing deals, advising private companies on restructuring and using new financial instruments (e.g. risk management tools).
The contract for this position has an initial duration of 2 years (renewable), with a one-year probation period and subject to be renewed. This is a local hire (paid in local currency) and the appointee will be stationed in Bogota, Colombia.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.Background / General description
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create financial models;
• Analyze historical and projected financial statements;
• Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts;
• Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients;
• Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes;
• Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities;
• Participate in investments negotiations;
• Participate in the monitoring of investments in portfolio companies.DRDuties and Accountabilities
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance;
• Experience in a financial institution (2+ years) with a proven track record;
• Experience in projects related to manufacturing, agribusiness and services sectors will be a plus
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
• Facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
• Demonstrated teamwork skills;
• Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Fluent in English and Spanish.
As a representative of the World Bank Group, all professional activities are expected to be consistent with our Core Values: personal honesty, integrity, commitment, working together in teams -with openness and trust; empowering others and respecting differences; encouraging risk-taking and responsibility; enjoying our work and our families.
Applications should be sent in English. All applications must be submitted through this website. The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Cover letter should clearly describe the relevant results the candidate has delivered in prior positions, rather than simply listing responsibilities. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.SCSelection Criteria