The Mekong Delta provides livelihoods for 21 million people. It is also one of the parts of the world most affected by climate change. The impact of inappropriate land and water management combined with the consequences of climate change threaten the existence of this ecosystem, its role as a major supplier of rice and other agricultural produce, and ultimately the livelihoods of its people.
The Government of Viet Nam, also with support from GIZ and other international institutions, has taken the first steps towards developing strategies, plans and legal frameworks aimed at creating the conditions required for a holistic approach to climate-resilient management of the Mekong Delta. With its initiative Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme (MCRP), GIZ aims at improving the regional coordination of these actions in all 13 provinces in the Mekong Delta and with the national level.
The objective of this project is to improve climate-resilient management of natural resources in the coastal areas to ensure sustainable development in the region. Measures will help establish the institutional framework for regional coordination and investment planning for the climate-resilient and gender-sensitive management of water resources in urban and rural areas in the Mekong Delta. The programme will also focus on innovative technologies for combatting coastal and riverbank erosion in urban, rural and coastal planning zones. It further aims to promote climate-smart and water-sensitive infrastructure in this area.
GFA has been working in both North and South Vietnam since 1990, implementing projects on behalf of the German Cooperation in Water Resource Management, Forest and Mangrove rehabilitation and Sustainable Tourism.
For this opportunity, GFA is looking for an expert (Vietnamese national only) for the position of “Institutional/ Capacity development Expert” with the following profile.
Tasks of the institutional expert
- Development of training materials and concepts as well as delivery for integrated and multi-sectoral planning
- Carry out activities outlined in the action plan for institutional strengthening of the RCC,
- MoC and MARD working groups and provincial working groups Responsible for implementing the gender sensitive capacity development plan to strengthen the capacity of the RCC, MoC and MARD working groups and provincial working groups
- Establish provincial platforms in the Mekong Delta
- Contribute to the establishment of two inter-provincial coordination mechanisms linked to the development of integrated urban and rural hubs
- Cooperation with national and provincial partners to update the legal and policy framework for integrated urban and rural hubs
- Development of training materials as well as delivery
- Education/training: university qualification in (master’s degree) in state management, institutional and capacity development, government master planning, in urban and rural development or climate change and resilience
- Language: Knowledge of English (B1) ; Knowledge of Vietnamese (C2) in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- General professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in state management, institutional and capacity development or government master planning and 10 years of professional experience in urban and rural development or climate change and resilience
- Specific professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in capacity development, awareness raising or conducting trainings and Training of Trainers;
- Leadership/management experience: 5 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company
- Development cooperation (DC) experience: 5 years of experience in DC projects
Regine Reuter firstname.lastname@example.org