The Human Resources Officer (HRO) is responsible for supporting field operations in multiple regional locations by providing coaching and guidance on HR related business matters including employee relations, workforce planning, recruitment, HR policy and procedure interpretation and employment law practices. This position reports to the Country Director and has matrix managed reporting lines to the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), based at Head Office.
Key Performance Areas:
HR Compliance, Support and People Management
- Support the Country Director and Line Managers to implement HR activities as per the country office work plan and ensure day-to-day HR services are met and that there are effective HR processes in country.
- Support the Country Director to ensure that HR policies and guidelines are kept up to date, employee awareness is raised on these documents and that guidelines are timely updated and aligned to the relevant legislation and m2m’s best practices.
- Maintain and update employment contracts and files (manually and electronically) to ensure that they are compliant with m2m standards and country law.
- Support the Country Director to manage disciplinary processes in a timely manner so as to limit risk to the business.
- Provide support and coach line managers to ensure compliance with employment practices at m2m.
- Drive and support HR HO work plans in country and actively participate as country representative on the Global HR Team.
Talent Acquisition – Recruitment, Remuneration and Benefits
- Implement and manage the in-country recruitment process in a timely and strategic manner.
- Implement and manage the in country induction process, on boarding and off boarding of employees.
- Support and guide management to create job descriptions and have all jobs evaluated as per the m2m job evaluation process.
- In close partnership with the Remuneration Specialist coach line managers on effectively implementing the m2m Remuneration Policy.
- Implement and manage in-country benefits aligned with the contractual terms and conditions once approved and signed off by Country Director and HR Head Office.
- Regular attendance and participation in the JE Committee meetings to ensure accurate application of policies and procedures and foster learning.
Developing Talent and Managing Performance
- In close partnership with the HRBP align, implement and develop the m2m Learning and Development strategy in country.
- In close partnership with the HRBP monitor and implement the performance management process in line with the given time lines.
- In close partnership with the HRBP develop and implement the country wellness strategy as aligned to the organisational wellness plan.
- In close partnership with the HRBP support and manage the relationship with the wellness service providers and stakeholders.
HR Systems, Workflows and Processing
- Provide support to the Country Director to implement smart and effective HR processes in-country.
- Utilise all HR systems (HR Premier, ESS, Silver Soft) to ensure data integrity is maintained on all employee files and administrative documents.
- Implement accurate and compliant monthly employee information, changes/updates for payroll on the relevant system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and complete an accurate CSS for timely submission to HR Head Office to ensure salary and benefit payment and processing.