Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe. We provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job:
The Human Resources/Admin Officer, under Area Manager Supervision and HR Manager as Technical supervisory operates as an Area/Field HR focal/point of contact person.
The main objective of HR/Admin Officer is to ensure effective service delivery in the Area Office. The Area Manager and HR Manager will work closely with the HR/Admin Officer and support the implementation of HR services.
- Understand standard HR practices, policies and procedures, take primary responsibility to run the HR functions according to the DRC-DDG Operations Handbook;
- Ensure the presence of up-to-date HR documentation and recordkeeping to ensure effective administration and information management;
- Collect HR documents and forms from newly hired employees and file the documents as required;
- Ensure new team member receives required equipment (computer, phone, desk, email addresses, Identity cards etc) on 1st day of reporting;
- Induction/onboarding; In liaison with other departments, arrange for on boarding for all newly recruited staff in their first week as per set guidelines;
- Produce and maintain updated HR and personnel files and regularly update them in soft and hard copies;
- Scan HR related documents and archive them electronically in an organized manner;
- Ensuring good record of staff attendance sheets, leave request forms, and track staff attendance and leave records;
- Review monthly timesheets, scan and file them electronically;
- Ensure that all staff go through a proper exit process including handover notes, completing the clearance form, completing the online exit interview form, and the exiting debrief with the line manager and update the HR Department on all exiting staff for payroll updating.
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the supervisor relevant to the capacity and role.
- Organized filling system (Personal files, Attendance tracking, Leave management/record, timesheets and etc);
- Systematic on boarding of all new staff
- Scanning and Archiving (Hard and Soft copies)
- Supporting Payroll process
- Providing HR assistance
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience with the humanitarian organizations preferably with INGO’s;
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Good level of proficiency in Word, PPT, Windows Excel and SPSS;
- Multitasking skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to meet deadlines and high degree of autonomy in his / her work;
- Well-organized and proactive approach to work;
- Highly motivated for his/her professional and academic improvement.
Education & Qualification:
- University degree with a focus on business administration and/or human resources management, or similar field;
- Fluency in speaking & writing in national language (Dari & Pashto) & English is required.
DRC core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process;
- Collaboration: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback;
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation;
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly;
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC-DDG vision and values.
- Availability: As soon as possible;
- Duty station: Area Office East – Jalalabad.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a One Year Contract, extendable depending on funding availability and performance.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National staff.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on Apply button. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close 23 September 2019. However, please note due to the urgency of this position, shortlisting process will be ongoing. Should we find qualified candidates prior to expiry of this advert, interviews will be held immediately.
-Female are highly encouraged to apply.