The Human Resources Officer (HRO) is responsible for supporting field operations in multiple regional locations by providing coaching and guidance on HR related business matters including employee relations, workforce planning, recruitment, HR policy and procedure interpretation and employment law practices. This position reports to the Chief of Party and has matrix managed reporting lines to the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), based at Head Office.
Key Performance Areas:
- Support the Chief of Party and line managers to implement the human resources activities as per the Country Office Work Plan and ensure that all HR day to day services are met.
- Drive and support all HR Head office work plans/projects in country.
- In partnership with the HRBP, develop and implement change processes, employee engagement and/or team building initiatives and ensure these are embedded in the organisation by supporting and partnering with line management.
- Support managers and own all aspects of the full employee life cycle.
- Actively participate as country representative on the global HR team to facilitate learning, development and consistency in HR practice.
- In consultation with the Chief of Party, ensure that HR policies and guidelines are timeously updated and aligned to the relevant legislation and m2m’s best practices and communicate these updates to all employees.
- Maintain and update employment contracts to ensure that they are compliant with both m2m standards and country law.
- Provide support and coach management to ensure compliance to employment practices at m2m.
- Provide support to the Chief of Party to manage all disciplinary processes in a timely manner so as to limit risk to the business.
Recruitment, remuneration and benefits
- Implement and manage the in country recruitment process in a timely and strategic manner.
- Ensure the completion of on-boarding and off-boarding processes at country level.
- In close partnership with the Remuneration Specialist, coach line managers on effectively implementing the m2m remuneration strategy.
- Implement and manage in country benefits aligned with the contractual terms and conditions.
- Support and guide management to create job descriptions and have all jobs evaluated as per the m2m job evaluation process.
- Regular attendance and participation on the JE committee to ensure accurate application of policies and procedures and foster learning.
Talent and Performance management
- In close partnership with the HRBP align, implement and develop the m2m learning and development strategy in country.
- In close partnership with the HRBP, monitor and implement the performance management process, liaise with line management to develop and implement performance contracts.
- In close partnership with the HRBP, develop and implement the country wellness strategy as aligned to the organisational wellness plan.
- In close partnership with the HRBP, support and manage the relationships with the wellness service providers and stakeholders.
Systems and HR processing
- Provide support to the Chief of Party to implement smart and effective HR processes in country.
- Utilise HR services across HR channels (HR premier, ESS, Silver Soft) to ensure data integrity is maintained on all employee files and administrative documents
- Implement accurate and compliant monthly employee information changes/updates for payroll on the relevant system.
- Prepare and complete an accurate Country Summary Spreadsheet (CSS) for timeous submission to HR head office to ensure salary and benefit payment and processing.