The Manager of Human Resources provides operational Human Resources management, leadership, advice and support to all Canadian employees of World Renew. This position provides direction and coaching on all aspects of the employee life cycle related to Human Resources and oversees and ensures the effective and efficient administration and delivery of Human Resources Services. In addition, the Manager will work in collaboration with the Associate Director, in developing and implementing organizational wide human resources programs.
This position is based in Burlington, Ontario.
*Note: This position is covering a parental leave, expected to be minimally 12 months, up to 18 months.
- Canadian Human Resources Functions:
- Responsible for the day to day operations related to recruitment, onboarding, orientation, employee relations, compensation, occupational health and safety, pay equity, and terminations
- Ensures all human resources functions are in compliance with relevant Ontario, BC and Alberta legislation
- Responsible for managing human resources budget (including salaries) of $100K to 200K
- Organizational wide Human Resources Functions:
In collaboration with the Associate Director, has overall responsibility for the following:
- Corporate orientation
- Develops, implements and maintains an organizational orientation and onboarding program, specifically to the human resources area, for all new Canadian staff hires of World Renew
- Develops and maintains of all World Renew job descriptions
- Maintains and updates the job evaluation system and process
Policies and Procedures
- Develops policies and procedures based on best practice, legislative requirements and other relevant accreditation standards
Employee/Experience/Recognition Strategies/Work/Life Balance
Supports employee recognition and communication strategies which recognize and encourage employee contributions
Provides leadership and guidance in identifying staff engagement, work/life balance initiatives and morale recommends employee experience strategies
- Corporate orientation
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Human Resources Specialist
- Human Resources Assistant
- Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement. Commitment to and ability to articulate a Christian worldview, particularly as it relates to World Renew’s vision, mission, values and programs
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and work in a collaborative international team environment
- Excellent knowledge of relevant human resources legislation including Human Rights, Employment Standards, Pay Equity, Occupational Health and Safety, AODA.
- Demonstrated commitment to contribute to and promote a work environment that values diversity, inclusion and equity
- Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills which include tact, diplomacy, and discretion
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating conflict resolution, negotiations, consensus/team building activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources or related field is required
- CHRP/CHRL designation preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience Human Resources experience including 2 years in a leadership position is required
- Previous working experience in a not-for-profit, global or multi-national organization an asset
Fluency in English, both written and verbal, is required for this position; a working knowledge of Spanish and/or French is an asset.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Extended time spent in front of a computer screen using electronic mail, reviewing data, and reports, and meeting teams virtually.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. There may be cross border travel for meetings and occasional international travel to destinations with rough terrain, unreliable access to water and electricity, and increased exposure to illness.