About the Opportunity
As a member of the HR, People & Culture team, you will be responsible for performing medium level support across a range of functional areas, including our blossoming diversity, equity and inclusion program (known to Internews as Belonging, Dignity, and Justice), our continuous performance management system, learning & development (including our LMS), and organizational development. Ideally, you have prior experience in HR, Informational/Organizational psychology, learning and development, and/or change management in an international organization, and are motivated to join an engaged team spearheading major organizational changes in these areas. If you are eager to learn new skills, grow as a professional, work on multiple projects to make our organization a better place to work in, have a strong attention to detail, a flexible mind, and a desire to work in a fast moving, global environment, this position is right for you!
Our Commitment to Fostering a Culture of Belonging
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
Right now, all Internews’ headquarters offices are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and staff are working remotely until at least 1 July 2021. You will be working remotely from any location in the United States, but preference is given to applicants who are located in the Eastern and Central time zones. While there is some flexibility around work time, the expected work schedule for this position is generally full-time, Monday-Friday, 8;30 AM – 5 PM.
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Duties:
- Support the development of our diversity, equity and inclusion programs through execution and support of working groups, employee resource groups, monthly meetings, programming and more.
- Research and develop materials for furthering our program and ensuring adoption including staff/manager resources, communications, internal website, Q&A pages, and additional resources.
- Collaborate with the ERP team and other team members to produce metrics and reports on diversity. Produce recommendations from data.
- Join projects related to embedding belonging, dignity, and justice into our processes including recruitment, performance management, and compensation.
- Track internal work groups and produce project plans.
- Collaborate with HR team, internal staff members, and external consultants to develop direction of program and co/lead internal meetings.
- Model and demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to belonging dignity and justice and Internews’ Core Values.
Performance Management Duties:
- Lead implementation of new features in our continuous feedback software platform.
- Download and produce company metrics and produce recommendations on next steps.
- Create and send communications to increase uptake of system.
- Collaborate to produce and maintain new performance management and compensation framework.
Learning and Development Duties:
- Vet LMS e-courses and provide recommendations for content to be published organization wide.
- Propose group of e-courses for learning paths/curriculum.
- Collaborate to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate learning opportunities and materials.
- Create internal website content including Q&A pages, guidance, and additional resources.
- Assist with development of onboarding program and researching of organizational learning solutions in coordination with the Knowledge Management team.
- Develop and support staff professional development programs.
- Research and develop recommendations on implementation of a variety of HR initiatives in coordination with other HR staff.
- Support employee relations work by counseling and coaching staff and managers as requested.
- Run regular and ad-hoc ERP reports on personnel data.
- Provide surge support to other HR, People & Culture team members and functional areas, possibly including recruitment and hiring, benefits, employee welfare and coaching, etc.
- Experience developing and implementing key human resources programs, such as diversity, equity and inclusion or sustainability initiatives.
- Ability to manage confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Ability to successfully operate in multi-cultural environments.
- Flexible creative, problem-solving approach to work challenges.
- Prior experience with a HRIS, HCM or ERP system.
- Prior project management experience.
- Organized, logical, detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to operate in a remote, work-from-home based situation from a location in a US time zone temporarily, and long term if not based in the Washington, D.C. or Arcata, California area.
**Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply and will be considered.**
- 2+ years experience in Human Resources, Talent Management, Organizational Development, or Learning & Development.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion experience.
- Experience developing, maintaining, and/or implementing HR technology.
- Knowledge of human resource practices, laws, and compliance requirements.
- Degree or coursework in Human Resources or Industrial/Organizational Psychology or Change Management or Learning & Development or related discipline.
- Experience co/leading trainings, retreats, gatherings, etc.
- Previous experience working in an international organization.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our Internews Benefits page.