The Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing overall Human Resources services, policies, and programs for m2m. His/her responsibilities include recruiting and staffing; performance management and improvement systems; employment and compliance to regulatory matters ; employee orientation, development, and training; policy development and documentation; employee relations and facilitating employee communication and disciplinary actions; remuneration and benefits administration and employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health.
This position reports to the Country Director and has matrix managed reporting lines to the HRBP: International Operations, based at Head Office.
Key Performance Areas:
Talent and Performance Management
- Lead the development of department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Prepare and maintain HR reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Develop and administer procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of m2m.
- Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars
- Partner with management on work force planning
- Ensure that HR policies and guidelines are kept up to date, employee awareness raised and that local employment laws are interpreted correctly aligned to the relevant legislation and m2m’s best practices.
- Line manage the HR staff
- Select and supervise HR attorneys and training specialists and coordinate m2m use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
- Keep abreast of all HR policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
HR compliance and Systems
- Produce and analyse management information in country and recommend solutions to country management
- Manage and maintain m2m HR systems (HR Premier, Premier Employee Self Service Web Application (ESS), Silver Soft) to ensure data integrity.
- Implement smart and effective HR processes in-country.
- Maintain employment contracts and ensure that they are compliant with both m2m standards and local laws.
- Direct the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws. Approve all information submitted.
- Serve as the primary contact with the m2m employment law attorney and outside government agencies.
- Protect the interests of employees and m2m in accordance with m2m HR policies and government laws and regulations.
- Ensure that data integrity in maintained on all employee files or administrative document.
- Manage all disciplinary process in a timely manner so as to limit risk to m2m
- Provide support and coach management to ensure compliance to employment practices at m2m.
Recruitment, Training and Development management
- Implement and manage the in country recruitment process in a timely and strategic manner
- Chair any employee selection committees or meetings
- Implement and manage the in country induction process
- Responsible for the completion of on-boarding and off-boarding processes at country level
- Develop and implement the m2m learning and development strategy in country.
- Monitor and implement the performance management process in line with the given time lines, liaise with line management to develop and implement performance contracts.
- Support and guide management to create job descriptions and have all jobs evaluated as per the m2m job evaluation process, as well as sit on the JE committee for your countries jobs.
- Partner and coach line managers to ensure that the HR activities in the country strategy are implemented and all day to day service needs are met.
- Implement or develop change initiatives, employee engagement and/or team building initiatives
- Define all HR training programs, and assign the authority / responsibility of HR staff within those programs.
- Provide necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Establish an in-house employee training system with the Head Office Learning and Development (L&D) Specialist that addresses m2m training needs including training needs assessment, management development, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer.
- Assist managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Assists with the development of and monitor the spending of the m2m L&D budget.
Remuneration and Benefits Management
- Work with m2m Remuneration Specialist to establish m2m Lesothowage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversee the variable pay systems within m2m including bonuses and raises.
- Lead competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
- Monitor all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment.
- Coach line managers on effectively implementation of the m2m remuneration strategy
- Implement and manage in country benefits aligned with the contractual terms and conditions
- Prepare the payroll files for approval and review by the Country Finance Manager and CD
- Implement and manage monthly employee information changes/updates for payroll on time and in an accurate and compliant manner
- With the assistance of the CFM, obtain cost-effective, employee serving benefits; monitor national benefits environment for options and cost savings.
- Lead the development of benefit orientations and other benefit training.
- Recommend changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
- In collaboration with the country Wellness Committee, develop and implement the country wellness strategy as aligned to the organizational wellness plan
- Manage the relationship with the different service providers and stakeholders.
- Formulate and recommend HR policies and objectives for m2m with regard to employee relations.
- Partners with management to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Monitor and advise managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of m2m.
- Monitor the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Reviews employee appeals through the company complaint procedure.
- Review, guide, and approve management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Lead the implementation of m2m safety and health programs.
- Design, direct and manage an organization development process that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Manage employee communication and feedback through meetings, suggestions, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
- Direct an organizational planning process that evaluates m2m country structure, job descriptions, and personnel forecasting; Evaluate plans and changes to plans and make recommendations to executive management.
- Monitor the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of m2m’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Manage m2m committees including the wellness and social committees.
- Keep the CD and the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of m2m goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Support managers and own all aspects of the full employee life cycle
- Drive or support HR related projects in country aligned to Head office initiatives