Position Title: Health Information Systems and Analytics Manager
Reports to: Associate Director of System Design and Evaluation
Department: Strategic Information and Systems
Location: Boston (up to 20% travel)
The Manager will lead health information system strengthening projects related to organization-wide data management and data use. The Manager will partner with care delivery site teams across all PIH sites globally to explore ways to promote digital health system adoption, expand access to and use of cross-functional data and increase efficiency, towards improving the ability of our stakeholders to make data-driven decisions. The Manager needs to navigate a range of system challenges and design solutions to mitigate them, while leading a diverse array of stakeholders to consensus on project scope, design and implementation.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Quality Improvement (30%): Analyzes data, and develops dashboards and reports using analytics tools such as Power BI, and Excel to inform clinical and programmatic decision making and quality improvement projects. Assist in developing logical frameworks, data quality monitoring, and evaluation plans for a range of internal programs, as well as reporting for grants and other fundraising needs.
- Data Management (20%): Plays a leading role in devising effective data pipeline and data warehousing by analyzing data access and use needs, and identifying relevant data relationships, mappings, and transformations, and publishing and analyze datasets for stakeholder use.
- Training and Documentation (20%): Leads training and capacity building efforts to help build technical capacity organization-wide through specific trainings, mentorship/accompaniment, and the creation of educational materials and manuals.
- Application and Process Design (20%): Leads in evaluating and improving processes across the organization using PIH’s current and emerging digital health solutions, leading requirements gathering and testing, in close collaboration with care delivery site colleagues, with an emphasis on local capacity building.
- Application Support (10%): Provides user support and troubleshooting for various systems such as, but not limited to, OpenMRS, CommCare, DHIS2, PowerBI and Excel, while bolstering PIH’s efforts to grow global system support capacity.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Public Health, Business, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, or related area
- 4-7 years of relevant job experience
- Basic statistical analysis skills
- Excellent skills with database, data management and analysis tools (ex. SQL, Python, R, STATA, Excel, PowerBI)
- Familiarity with DHIS2 platform, GIS tools (ArcGIS, QGIS) and/or digital health platforms (CommCare/ODK, DHIS2) desirable
- Proven ability to problem-solve and learn new data technologies, systems, and processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries
- Able to travel domestically and internationally, including international travel to remote or hard to access locations with limited infrastructure
- Cover Letter and Resume required
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.