• Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements;
• Develop annual activity and work plans;
• Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities;
• Cooperate with relevant partners and local authorities;
• Assist in developing, managing and monitoring the budget(s) according to Financial Handbook and donor requirements;
• Contribute to promotion and scaling up of best practices show;
• Monthly activity/project reports and other reporting as required;
• Ensure proper filing of all project documents both in hard and soft copies;
• Assist in provision of necessary project documents and materials to program and other staff;
• Demonstrate commitment to NRC mission, vision and value.
• Review proposals/reports for compliance and consistency and consolidate prior to submission to GC;
• Focal point for communicating donor rules, regulations, conditions and procedures to concerned staff in the field offices
• Maintain, update and monitor the project and proposal tracker on project report/proposal deadlines and communicate these to relevant staff.
• Assist with coordination of proposal development and report write-up process by reminding relevant staff of deadlines, contribute to composition and/or review as agreed in start-up meeting;
• Work in consultation with the grants team, area managers and area teams to develop concept notes for donors;
• Undertake daily review of various donor websites to identify calls for proposals for Ethiopia as well as to take note of any relevant information
• Ensure proper maintenance of all hard copy project related documentation and timely uploading of documentation onto SharePoint;
• Attend coordination and Cluster meetings as advised by the Grants Coordinator/HoP and prepare minutes to be shared with area teams for action;
• Assist with any other duties assigned by the supervisor and the HoP as and when required.
• Assist in preparing and formatting documents, including agreements and sub-agreements;
Generic professional competencies:
• Relevant university degree or higher education, preferably in international relations and/or development, social sciences or management.
• Solid experience in program development, management, fundraising and design
• Minimum of three years’ experience in humanitarian work, preferably with refugee/IDP related emergencies
• Documented skills in formulation of program/project proposals and reports
• Ability to use Logical Framework Approach as a tool in project/program design and follow-up.
• Proven communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Strong analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Proficiency with software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Political and cultural awareness
• Knowledge of the political situation in the Horn of Africa in general, and Ethiopia in particular
• Experience from a similar position is an asset
• Knowledge of Arabic, Afar and/or Somali languages an advantage
- Social science
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
• Managing resources to optimize results
• Strategic thinking
• Handling insecure environment
• Planning and delivering results
• Empowering and building trust
• Managing performance and development
Commencement: ASAP, shortlisting and Interviews will continue as applications are received
Contract period: 7 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions
Duty station: NRC Ethiopia, Addis Ababa