Job title: Global Fundraising Coordinator
Department: Global Fundraising
Based in: Washington, DC
Reports to: Sr. Manager Experiential Philanthropy
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 6,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are seeking a Global Fundraising Coordinator to play an important administrative role in assisting the Major Gifts & Annual Giving and Experiential Philanthropy teams. The Coordinator will perform a vital role in supporting these fundraising teams to meet their goals by handling prospect research, Salesforce tracking and management, front-line donor relations, financial management, gifts processing and revenue reporting, and other operational and administrative support functions.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Provides administrative and logistical support to assist in seamless execution of internal and external (to PSI) meetings, travel, and events.
- Manages gift processing and acknowledgement for donations to ensure good financial management and donor stewardship.
- Conducts prospecting research on potential new donors and sees connections to PSI’s work.
- Maintains internal databases and file systems to ensure proper organization and knowledge management.
- Liaises with other PSI departments to encourage inter-departmental communication, understanding, and collaboration.
- Works with the Procurement department to ensure efficient processing and tracking of orders to achieve project deliverables.
- Provides support on ad hoc tasks and small projects.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
- Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
- Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
- Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
- Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Associates degree (or international equivalent) in a related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 1-year experience in an administrative and support role handling budget, finance, scheduling and logistics, preferably in a fast-paced fundraising/philanthropy office.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database management. Experience using Salesforce highly preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to proofread documents.
- Demonstrated dedication to operational excellence, as exhibited by ability to learn and comply with established processes, organize and accurately maintain records, identify problems and suggest improvements, and to tackle new challenges.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position
- References will be required.
- The sucessful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.