GH2 and its derivatives, Power-to-X (PtX), have emerged as a key element in the global energy transition. GH2 and PtX offer a promising pathway to decarbonize hard-to-abate industries such as steel, cement, aviation, shipping, and heavy-duty transport, while also addressing the intermittency and storage challenges of renewable energy sources.
Since mid-2019, GFA has been at the forefront of global GH2/PtX development, and has realized international technical and financial cooperation projects for international development banks and development agencies such as the German Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Drawing on our extensive and in-depth sector expertise, we have assisted the governments of Algeria, Jordan, Tunisia, Morocco, Viet Nam, Nigeria, Senegal, and South Africa, among others, to create and enable regulatory, legal, and policy environments for the GH2/PtX market ramp-up.
Our services range from the alignment of relevant policies and regulations on GH2/PtX and the development of GH2 strategies and roadmaps, to market assessments and the preparation of frameworks, to technical and economic advice on the scalability of GH2/PtX applications, including inter alia:
- Value chain analyses
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessments for GH2/PtX projects
- Relevant GH2/PtX project management & procurement process
- Development of financing solutions for GH2/PtX projects
- Provision of technical assistance for GH2/PtX infrastructure development
To strengthen our network and expert base, we are constantly looking for GH2/PtX sector experts to engage with us in our various project interventions worldwide. If you are a sector expert with expertise in (one of) the following fields of activity, please register your CV with us:
a. Assessment of potentials for the production and use of green hydrogen
b. Development of national hydrogen strategies
c. Policy, legal and regulatory frameworks for hydrogen and its derived products (PtX)
d. Norms, regulations and certification of green hydrogen
e. Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and sustainability of hydrogen (production, transport, storage, use, etc.)
f. Hydrogen storage infrastructure and application of hydrogen in the transport and storage sector
g. Technical and economic assessment of hydrogen project on specific investments (e.g. evaluation of project ideas, feasibility studies, financing)
h. Establishment of networks on green hydrogen (e.g. business, science, Universities, women in hydrogen)
i. Public relations (PR)/Communication/Social media with a strong knowledge in RE/EE and driven by clean energies such as green hydrogen
j. Assessment and development of occupations, skills, curricula, and certification standards for professionals and decision makers in the GH2/PtX economy
- Education: All professionals with either a university degree (Diplom/Master) in Business or Engineering degree (business administration/economics/industrial engineering/environmental engineering) with a focus on energy or chemistry, or with a university degree in law / jurisprudence (Diplom/Master), or with university degree (Diplom/Master) in Political Sciences, or Communication.
- Language: All experts with language skills in English, C1; and a second language, C2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- General professional experience: 7 years of professional experience in the energy sector.
- Specific professional experience: 5 years of professional experience in the field of renewable energies and/or hydrogen and at least 2 years of professional experience in a.b.c.d.e.f.g.h.i.
Severine Rix firstname.lastname@example.org