The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Operating since 2004 in Lebanon, DRC has addressed the needs and rights of vulnerable populations, working initially with Palestinian refugees (since 2004), Iraqi refugees (2007-2010), Lebanese IDPs (during the 2006 conflict), migrant domestic workers (since 2009) and, since 2011, responding to the Syrian refugee crisis.
DRC Lebanon is currently delivering programming in protection, housing, infrastructure, basic assistance, livelihoods, and community development interventions. This myriad programming seeks to address the immediate needs of displaced populations and concurrently support vulnerable host populations. DRC has five offices spread throughout Lebanon in, Beirut, the Bekaa, Saida, Tripoli and Qobayat.
About the job
Fulfil daily accounting tasks and assist in coordinating financial functions and services. Produces relevant and monthly financial previsions and report to Beirut for financial issues.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with existing DRC forms
- Responsible for the monthly financial prevision and assure sufficient funds to be transferred from Beirut for Kobayat office;
- Ensure that payment documents comply with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations
- Ensure bank and cash liquidity is within the threshold
- Verify Partners vouchers and ensure that they are in compliance with DRC and Donors rules and regulation and report their expenses on a regular basis.
- Ensure all expenses enter the DRC Dynamics in time and of highest quality
- Ensure all bank accounts statements are reconciled
- Ensure proper filing system for financial documents
- Assist the FTL in preparing donor reports
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a University Degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- 2 years or more in finance in previous INGO
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Able to work under pressure
- Quick learner
- Arabic Fluent
- Advanced English proficiency
- Experience in a similar role is preferred
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 3 months
Monthly Basic Salary: 1750 USD (depending on years of experience)
Duty Station: Beirut Office (with frequent travel to the North)
Start date: Mid. of March 2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact email@example.com.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to http://www.drc.ngo under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email to Dolene Khairallah will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 28 February 2020
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.