Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Finance Manager to join the newly started operation in Cox’s Bazar in response to the Rohingya influx to the area.
About the job
DRC have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC is preparing to launch an integrated programme of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. As a key part of this, DRC are opening up a main office in Cox’s Bazar (and a support cell in Dhaka), for which we need a qualified Finance Manager. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure compliance to DRC and donor standards and procedures for financial and grant management and communicate risk of non-compliance to the Head of Support Services for decision making
- Prepare DRC’s country master budget, monthly financial status and analysis of projects (budget follow up), assessing risks of underspends, overspends, no cost extensions and return of funds
- Prepare project budgets and financial reports to donors in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide input on DRC budget proposals, in consultation with the Head of Support Services and Team Leader
- Develop and effectively communicate financial information to share with Program Staff, HQ Finance and Country SMT.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual statements; collate financial reporting materials for donors; and oversee all project/program accounting.
- Assess financial risk and provide variance analyses for DRC’s projects.
- Coordinate and lead the financial aspects of audit process, liaise with external auditors and HQ Finance; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee annual budgeting and financial planning process in conjunction with the HoSS, administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep SMT informed of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage country office cash flow and forecasting.
- Work with HoSS and/or Grants Manager to implement contract management and financial management/reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Investigate and resolve financial issues for projects within DRC’s portfolio.
- Work with HoSS/Grants Manager on due diligence processes as needed.
- Support the Team Leader in legal and compliance issues relating to finance
- Complete regular compliance self-check and implement remedial solutions according to identified gaps
- Line management of Finance staff (Officers, Assistants)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant university degree; business, economics, finance, or accounting..
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Finance Department with at least 2 years in a senior Finance management role
- Ideally (I)NGO experience
- Previous experience in managing teams
- Fluency in English and Bengali
- Excellent computer skills, especially MS Excel
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 3 months with possibility of extension dependent upon funding
Start date: ASAP
Applications must be submitted online via http://drc.ngo/vacancies
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 25th November 2017 (due to the urgency of the position, DRC will review applications on a rolling basis and candidates may be invited to test/interview before this date)