About the Project
The Initiative for Media Freedom (IMF) is a five-year project implemented by Internews in the Philippines and supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The project has three objectives: Improve the environment for a free press, bolster the capacity of media and other organizations to address disinformation, and strengthen media self-regulation.
This position requires work authorization within The Philippines. Internews will not be able to support Philippines work permits for international candidates. This is a full-time position.
Deadline for Applications is January 4th, 2021, 5 PM (Manila time).
Day-to-Day Tasks will Include:
- Coordinate Internews’ government relations for administrative and legal matters, including registration, tax filings, visas and other operational and compliance matters;
- Work with the Chief of Party and donors to assess all local rules and regulations, including financial policies, that apply to all projects and all grantees and establish necessary internal procedures and policies for compliance;
- Oversee the effective and efficient running of all administrative operations;
- Oversee recruitment and establishment of local employment contracts;
- Maintain confidential local personnel and financial records;
- Provide financial analysis on a monthly basis, as well as prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports;
- Prepare monthly wire transfer request (WTR) for local operational costs;
- Prepare monthly projections for project monthly activities;
- Responsible for insuring petty cash is maintained at a feasible level for operational activities as per HQ petty cash procedures and policies;
- Responsible for establishing local HR policies and procedures;
- Create local financial guidelines and procedures to ensure compliance with local law and Internews policies;
- Oversee subgrants in coordination with the Senior Partnership Compliance Coordinator;
- Manage and maintain a track record of procurement budgets;
- Manage payments to local and international outside service providers;
- Assist with new business development, including budget preparation and forecasting;
- Manage preparation of internal and external audits; prepare responses and actions to internal audit comments;
- Meet regularly with the Chief of Party to discuss budget vs. project expenditures;
- Supervise the Operations and Finance Associate;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
Qualifications We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Finance or Business Management
- Significant experience working in financial management of USAID funded projects (cooperative agreements or contracts) is a must
- Experience with Agresso preferred
- Ability to self-manage competing deadlines