Internews is seeking a Finance & Administrative Manager for ongoing and potential USAID-funded media support projects in Myanmar. The Finance & Administrative Manager reports to the Country Director and works with the Senior Media Advisor and Chief of Party to ensure all operations are in compliance with USAID Rules and Regulations as well as Internews standard policies and procedures. The Finance & Administration Manager is responsible for oversight of all financial operations and administrative compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Coordinate with Internews’ government relations functions, including registration, tax filings, visas, and other operational and compliance matters
- Works with the Chief of Party, Asia Business Manager and donors to assess all local rules and regulations, including financial policies, that apply to all projects and all grantees and establish necessary internal procedures and policies for compliance.
- Creates local financial guidelines and procedures to ensure compliance with local law & Internews policies.
- Maintains all local office financial records.
- Manages payments to local and international outside service providers.
- Provides financial analysis on a monthly basis, as well as prepares quarterly financial reports.
- Prepare monthly wire transfer requests (WTR) for local operational costs.
- Prepares monthly projections for project monthly activities.
- Oversees financial management of subawards and subcontracts in coordination with the Subgrants Coordinator.
- Responsible for ensuring petty cash is maintained at a feasible level for operational activities as per HQ petty cash procedures and policies.
- Oversees local payroll and maintains local tax compliance
- Manages preparation of internal and external audits. Prepares responses and actions to internal audit comments.
- Meets regularly with Chief of Party and Asia Business Manager to discuss budget vs. projected spend.
- Assists with new business development, including budget preparation and forecasting.
- Oversees procurements for goods and services, following Internews policies and procedures.
- Oversees the effective and efficient running of all administrative operations.
In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
- Previous management experience, including staff, financial and administrative oversight, preferably with an international NGO.
- Proven experience with USAID funding preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Accuracy in working with large amount of financial and other data
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquires or complaints
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audits process (e.g. procurement, local sub grants agreements etc.)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English
- Excellent organizing and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of Myanmar registration requirements
- Knowledge of the Myanmar media/CSO landscape is a plus
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.