The level of responsibility associated with the position as Executive Assistant requires the job holder to work independently, and with a high degree of diplomacy and sensitivity for confidential issues. The nature of the work might require occasional overtime work and availability after normal working hours.
The main objectives of the position are to provide a wide range of assistance to the Vice-President, including workflow management, office administration and analytical work.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Vice-President – Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth , the Executive Assistant will perform the following:
1. Devise and maintain efficient office systems.
2. Track and follow-up on documents, draft letters and memoranda, monitor incoming emails, deal with faxes and general correspondence and briefs.
3. Ensure secure filing of sensitive and confidential information.
1. Organize and attend to multiple meetings, appointments, luncheons and events to ensure that responsible management is well prepared.
2. Arrange travel, visa and accommodation for the Vice-President; arrange logistics for visiting delegations.
3. Handle internal and general public enquiries; screen telephone calls from within the bank and from external collaborators, and handle them as appropriate; welcome and look after visitors; organize and maintain electronic diaries and to make and follow-up on appointments.
4. Manage the recording of opinions, notes and confidential documents.
5. Create a strong filing system in the Vice-President Front Office for prompt retrieval of documents.
6. Create a follow up system in the Vice-President Front Office to track all in/out documents.
7. Contribute to the collection of data on the Vice-President’s Front office KPIs.
1. Produce documents, simple letters/memoranda/emails, briefing papers, reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
2. Take notes at meetings, write letters, and prepare minutes as requested.
3. Assist where applicable with the follow up of the Complex’s activities by using the appropriate software.
Perform any other duties reasonably requested by the Vice-President or the Advisor to the Vice-President.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Communication, Business Management, Commerce, Administration or related discipline, preferably supplemented with courses in secretarial training/administration/office management.
2. Have a minimum of six (6) years working experience of progressively relevant and practical experience, in an executive office preferably in an international organization or in large private sector firm.
3. Demonstrated team building and inter-personal relationship.
4. Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines.
5. Good planning skills will be highly desirable.
6. Strong customer service skills, good organizational skills, ability to multitask, attention to details and ability to work with a diverse workforce.
7. Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
8. Competent in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).