Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9)
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Office of the Director General (OPSD) within the Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD). PSOD provides financing and investment support to private projects, corporates, financial institutions and private equity funds throughout developing Asia and the Pacific. We advise, help structure and provide and catalyze financing for privately held and state-sponsored entities across a wide range of sectors. Our emphasis is on commercially viable transactions that generate financial returns while also delivering on ADB’s organization-wide mission to promote environmentally sustainable and inclusive economic growth. To learn more about PSOD, watch our video on “Working with ADB on Private Sector Financing”.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative/ and coordination support to the Director General of the Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD) , handles communication and liaison within and outside of PSOD; and takes on various tasks as assigned. The incumbent will report to Director General, PSOD and will guide/mentor junior administrative staff.
General Administration (Calendar/Travel and Office Matters)
- Maintains and updates office filing systems and records in accordance with an existing framework.
- Manages the schedule and ensures that appropriate arrangements are made for meetings, travels, accommodation and events.
- Prepares mission authorization requests and travel request and authorization.
- Assists in the logistical requirements of department activities and programs.
- Ensures all correspondence and documents for supervisors are prepared in compliance with ADB standards.
- Responds on behalf of the supervisor to straightforward/routine correspondence and drafts replies on more complex issues in accordance with guidelines.
- Ensures all incoming mail are properly recorded, distributed and brought to the attention of concerned staff and delivered on time.
- Monitors progress/status of confidential matters/documents requiring immediate action to ensure timely completion of required action.
Oral Communications/Internal & External Contacts
- Efficiently screens queries from callers and visitors.
- Attends to visitors and ensures that they are referred in a timely manner to the concerned staff/appropriate party.
- Ensures follow-up of specific queries.
- Ensures that the supervisor’s instructions are passed on to concerned staff for proper action and monitors the status of action taken.
- Liaises with ADB staff inside and outside the work area, executing agencies and external stakeholders as required.
- Assists on the application/interpretation of work area procedures, guidelines and formats to junior administrative staff and administrative assistants.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations and reports
- Mentors junior assistants
- Performs any other duties as may be required.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven ability to work independently and manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
- Ability to foresee response and implication of own outputs, and to undertake tasks efficiently.
- Good analytical thinking with ability to make simple causal links, pro-and-con lists and analyses to reach a decision.
- Good understanding of how multilateral organizations work and familiarity with operational and administrative procedures and understanding of the interactions between different work areas and relevant workflows
- Advanced computer skills particularly in Powerpoint and Excel; familiarity with commonly used computer systems .
- Strong coordination, organization and interpersonal/diplomatic skills including ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for administrative staff level 6 to 7.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.