Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Office of the Director General (OPSD) within the Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD). PSOD provides investment capital to private sector entrepreneurs, corporates, and project sponsors, as well as financial intermediaries, such as banks and private equity funds, throughout developing Asia. It catalyzes, structures, and funds investments in privately held and state-sponsored companies across a wide range of industry sectors. PSOD’s emphasis is on commercially viable transactions that generate financial returns while also delivering on ADB’s organization-wide mission to promote environmentally sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the Director General of the Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD) and will serve as OPSD’s office administrator. As office administrator, the Executive Assistant will be directly responsible for document flow, internal and external communication and day to day office administration. The incumbent will report to Director General, PSOD.
- Administrative Support
- Provides effective and efficient administrative support to Director General, PSOD including but not limited to calendar management, filing, database maintenance etc.
- Facilitates coordination between senior management team to ensure efficient coverage of important internal and external meetings
- Proposes, implements, and collects ideas for streamlining administrative processes
- Office Administration and Coordination
- Ensures the smooth flow of the administrative and logistical operations and requirements of OPSD
- Provides guidance and assigns appropriate tasks to PSOD administrative assistants
- Organizes, updates, and manages PSOD’s basic documents (e.g. pitchbook, standard operating procedures, presentations etc.)
- Assists with the coordination and organization of internal and external events
- Communication and Document Management
- Ensures the efficient handling, disposition, dissemination, and smooth flow of incoming and outgoing documents and information requests
- Assists in developing and disseminating PSOD communications
- Implements and handles records management including logging and uploading in the PSOD Sharepoint site
- Monitors, flags, and follows-up action items as needed
- Performs any other duties as may be required.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience preferably in a similar capacity in an international organization or a large multinational company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
- Ability to foresee response and implication of own outputs, and to undertake tasks efficiently.
- Good analytical thinking with ability to make simple causal links, pro-and-con lists and analyses to reach a decision.
- Advanced computer skills with strong knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets, and graphics software such as Excel, Powerpoint and Sharepoint
- Experience in developing and implementing operational and administrative procedures
- Strong coordination/organization, interpersonal/diplomatic skills, and supervisory skills.
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for administrative staff level 6 to 7.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of three (3) years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of the Philippines.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.