Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the
The Social Protection & Jobs (SPJ
The LAC SPJ GP seeks a quantitative
Specific duties for this consultancy
* Supporting the design and implementation of the impact evaluation of Bolsa Familia CCT, including Participate to the piloting, and data monitoring.
* Support a large technical assistance program, to the Government of Brazil, involving the analysis of survey and administrative data for the purpose of policy evaluation and informing with evidence policy reforms, including analysis of administrative data Cadastro Unico and other bases of social protection benefits, public expenditures, and household surveys
* Review of literature, international experiences and policies in Brazil
* Preparation of complete drafts feeding into reports and technical notes, in English and in Portuguese
* Prepare presentations, under supervision of task team leaders, related to the research findings, and contribute to drafting the reports
* Participation as a member in World Bank missions and join selected discussions and policy dialogue with client representatives
* Support Task Team Leader in coordination of junior consultants as needed
– Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Portuguese, demonstrated by contributions to prior publications and /or written reports and studies
– PhD completed or ongoing in Economics or Quantitative Public Policy (Essential)
– Demonstrated analytical skills in applied quantitative methods (econometrics), with application to social protection and labor fields
– Demonstrated experience the analysis of microdata (LFS, Household Survey, expenditure survey) of Brazil
– Excellent skills in statistical software STATA and R, Python an advantage
– Experience in analysis of large datasets an advantage
– Prior involvement in micro-modelling exercises a strong advantage
– At least 2 years of directly relevant experience in economic or policy analysis (think-tanks, academia, relevant departments in national governments, international organizations)
– Ability to travel within Brasil (essential). Willingness to move to Brasilia (after reopening, for potential extended contract) an advantage
– Prior knowledge of some aspects of the Brazilian social protection systems or tax system from either work experience or academic studies.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.