Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at
The Sustainable Development Practice Group front office includes an Office of
The Economist is expected to have expertise in at least one of the following
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Develop and contribute to high-profile and technically demanding reports, that includes developing state-of-the-art approaches in applied economic analysis and econometrics as it relates to one of the focus areas listed above with a particular focus on matters relating to environmental and agricultural economics, as well as climate change;
* Provide cross-support to regions and country teams in analyzing sustainability related challenges;
* Provide high quality reviews of important World Bank reports such as SCDs and CPFs, including managing and curating inputs from other specialists across the Practice Group;
* Contribute to a range of high-quality policy papers, policy notes and reports as requested;
* Provide support in reviewing corporate documents and providing support to corporate initiatives.
* Assist in the development and use of diagnostic tools and approaches for evidence-based assessments that could influence operational interventions;
* Assist in the other tasks such as activities for the community of practice for Economists, BBLs, learning clinics, etc;
* PhD level or near completion in economics in one of the following subfields: Environmental/Resource Economics, Agricultural Economics, Urban/Spatial Economics, Climate Change Economics. Publications (or a dissertation) in one of these core areas as evidence of expertise is essential
* Strong analytical skills in econometrics, and/or economic modeling.
* A track record of outstanding report writing and communications skills.
* Strong report writing skills, as evidenced from previous publications.
* Strong oral communication skills, including the ability to present complex analyses to non-specialist audiences.
* Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignments and adjust to a variety of complex evolving tasks to meet deadlines.
* Excellent reading and writing skills in Spanish and/or French is highly desirable.
* Deep Knowledge of General Economics combined with Outstanding Analytical Skills – Intellectual leadership and an ability to apply economic and econometric tools to problems of sustainability.
* Deep Knowledge of at least one of the identified sub-disciplines in Economics – With evidence of experience in preparing reports, short advocacy papers, technical reviews, publications and dissertation chapters.
* Outstanding Written and Verbal Communication Skills – A strong command of all forms of communication and delivers messages in a consistently effective, timely and engaging manner.
* Create, Apply and Share Knowledge – Establishes an environment where knowledge is created, applied, and shared.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
|Country:||-- United States|
|City, State:||Washington D.C.|