IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
IFC’s Advisory Services in Public Private Partnerships (C3P) is focused on assisting governments to develop and bring to market public-private partnerships primarily in infrastructure and social sectors. We are looking for a seasoned professional for its Extend Term Consultant position based in Bogota, Colombia. The selected candidate will support the PPP projects implementation, specifically in the Andean Region and Central America.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The analyst’s work will involve contributing to the marketing activities and the execution of advisory mandates in Andean Region and Central America. The duties will include but are not limited to:
• Develop financial analysis and models to assess the financial feasibility of the projects
• Provide support in the selection of consultants, including drafting consultant terms of reference, requests for proposals and applications for funding for consultant costs
• Assist the team in business development including: Preparation of pitchbooks and proposals, mandates, marketing documents and roadshows, procurement of consultants, prepare information memorandum etc.
• Support the team in undertaking project scoping to assess feasibility of potential project(s), prepare financial models and financial analysis
• Assist in the management of project execution: Prepare notes, presentations, and documentation for internal approval processes and for clients
• Assist in coordinating closely with other parts of IFC including environmental and social, legal, other advisory and investment departments
• Understand the World Bank program for assigned countries and work with them particularly to assess opportunities for PPPs
• Perform duties as requested by senior members of the team
• Increasingly throughout work and experience (and in close coordination with the project’s team leader), develop capacity to manage individual tasks with relatively little supervision and develop initiative to work with the team to move the projects forward
• Develop expertise about IFC processes and internal systems management
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience gained with a leading financial institution working on PPP transaction advisory, project finance, M&A or privatization advisory or private equity
• Ability and proven track-record to develop financial modeling and strong analytical skills
• Experience in infrastructure sectors with some knowledge of sector trends, legal and regulatory requirements will be considered a plus
• Demonstrated teamwork skills and ability to operate in large, culturally diverse and geographically dispersed teams
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality work within deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
|Closing date:||March 1, 2021|