Do you want to build a career
Project/activity name: Global Platform of the Food Systems, Land Use and
Background: Agriculture is an essential pathway to meeting the
The Agriculture and Food Global Practice works with and across multiple
The Food Systems, Land Use and Restoration (FOLUR) Impact Program (IP),
The Agriculture and Food Global Practice is co-leading (with the Environment
The Global Platform will work in close collaboration with the 27 CPs, which are
The Global Platform was approved in September 2020 and the World Bank is
The objective of the consultancy is to provide technical, coordination, and
Scope of Work / Duties:
Working with the TTLs and Core Team on a prioritized
Work Planning & Reporting Coordination:
* Coordinate development of the annual report of accomplishments / results, with
* Coordinate development of the annual work plan, in consultation with team
Support the TTLs with day-to-day:
– Partner Coordination & Convening, GEF Liaison & Reporting
– Workplan development and priority setting;
– Coordinating activities of the core team, the budget, schedule of events,
* Track performance of sub-contracted partners, devise approaches to ensure
* Oversee technical consultants and database STCs
* Provide regular input to website, newsletter, and other outreach materials
* Design, set up, and operate the M&E System in coordination with CP M&E
* Provide capacity building and TA to ensure standardized and efficient data
* Support work plan / assessment process with evidence to improve accountability
* Compile results, impacts and success stories to contribute to the Annual Report
* Develop and implement a system for verifying internal consistency and validity
Training & TA Coordinator:
* Consolidate Pillar A priorities into a coherent program of mutually reinforcing
* Monitor implementation of activities and harvest results and lessons for annual
* Set up systems for scheduling & tracking training product delivery through
* Coordinate design & deployment of training products & TA visits (with
* Oversee safeguards review process, identification of capacity needs & tools
* Contribute to design of financial leverage discussion / instruments
* Oversee gender specialist (STC) and gender program of activities (function
* Regular contributions to website, newsletter, annual report
Reporting, Finance and Administration
The consultant will report to the Co Task Team Leaders of the FOLUR Global
Contract Days Allocation: ETC positions are for full time work with
Charge code: Global Platform project code.
The World Bank will supply the materials and background documents needed to
Timeline and location: March 30, 2021 to March 29, 2022 at the
* Advanced degree in relevant environmental management, climate change, agricultural or social science discipline.
* At least 8 years of relevant work experience at increasingly responsible levels in related fields with international organizations and development projects.
* Excellent writing and communication skills and ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
* Demonstrated experience and skills in coordinating multi-donor programs, and in designing, implementing, and evaluating environment, landscape, agriculture and climate related projects, investments, and policies.
* Demonstrated understanding and experience in WB and GEF policies, procedures, monitoring and evaluation standards, social and environmental safeguards, as well as gender and knowledge management best practices.
* Demonstrated experience and skills in provision of development technical assistance and training, M&E mechanisms and Knowledge Management platforms.
* Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural, interdisciplinary, high performance environment
* Expertise in technical advice and guidance on innovative financing approaches and mechanisms, including de-risking approaches, is desirable.
* Fluency in written and spoken English is required. In addition, fluency in one or more of Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, or Spanish would be desirable.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
|Country:||-- United States|
|City, State:||Washington D.C.|