IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
Information technology is an integral part of the strategic initiatives for all the Core Business Functions at IFC. Corporate Information Technologies (CIT) Teams provides comprehensive IT applications and support for IFC’s operations. There is a rich and diverse landscape of business applications that encompasses a wide variety of In-house and Customized COTS products (such as ACBS, Summit, etc.,) which meets the business needs of IFC departments.
Corporate Information Technologies (CIT) Teams provides comprehensive IT applications and support for IFC’s operations. There is a rich and diverse landscape of business applications that encompasses a wide variety of In-house and Customized COTS products (such as ACBS, Summit, etc.,) which meets the business needs of IFC departments.
The CIT Operations unit (CITOP) currently has major transformation and renewal programs underway – (i) IFC’s operational portal- iPortal which rebuilds the entire frontline operational application and processes through an integrated one-stop shop leveraging modern technology trends. This multi-year program provides an integrated experience for the investment, advisory and trade business lines empowering IFC staff with the necessary tools to productively deliver on the IFC 3.0 strategy. (ii) IFC Intranet, Knowledge and Learning application transformation that provides an integrated experience for IFC staff to find, discover and share knowledge thereby increasing effectiveness and staff productivity. This program has specific focus on driving collaboration and innovation leveraging the latest technologies and tools.
CITOP is seeking a hands-on IT Solutions Architect, with strong technical skills and demonstrated experience developing enterprise solutions. This position requires a highly motivated and versatile candidate with extensive technical knowledge on the latest tools and platforms in enterprise solutions and strong hands-on experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a technical specialist on IFC’s Operations products and works with staff and contractors to deliver on business needs and requirements for these products.
• Work on the development of assigned corporate applications for Investment Operations and Advisory Services. These enterprise grade solutions leverage .Net, Java, Mule ESB, Pega, REST API’s, DevSecOps technologies ((Azure DevOps) and AWS/Azure cloud services among others.
• Interface with business analysts and/or product owners to clarify requirements, oversee the definition of technical specifications and creation of key artifacts in alignment with CIT’s standards.
• Work with the architecture, data and application teams to define data models appropriate for the requirements and ensure that they adhere to the IFC standards.
• Understand and organize the flow of data through IFC systems from the point of entry to downstream systems such that its integrity is maintained.
• Work with DB administrators to ensure that data is maintained in a standard way with appropriate access as needed.
• Work closely with our delivery and application support teams to ensure that the applications handed over are stable, well defined, documented, and easy to maintain.
• Ensure corrective action for any system issues and ensure timely escalation of these issue.
• Support the root cause and impact analysis of the issues and propose and validate fixes to address them.
• Establishes and uses systems to monitor the operating efficiency of developed applications and provides proactive correction where necessary.
• Provides clear direction to a team of staff and/or contractors on the delivery of core operations systems.
• Master’s degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields with 8 years of relevant work experience, preferably banking & financial sector or Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
• Experience developing, implementing and overseeing the operations of small to medium corporate applications
• Experience in emerging technology industry trends, including Agile, cloud solutions, Big data, DevOps (specifically Azure Devops)
• Experience in Azure cloud platforms specifically, Compute, Storage and Analytics.
• Knowledge and experience in Enterprise Architecture frameworks, Solution Design, modeling, design, implementation and maintenance.
• Experience in.NET Core from a solution perspective, involving COTS and bespoke development.
• Strong experience in working with distributed vendor teams and the associated challenges.
• Experience in ReactJS, JQuery, .NET Framework, Mule ESB, Pega, Postgres, Oracle, MongoDB, Documentum, SharePoint, O365, Apigee is highly desirable
• Experience in designing, implementing and using data structures for various applications.
• Experience working with various stakeholders (business, technology etc.) and conducting workshops to obtain relevant information
• Excellent oral and written communication, documentation and presentation skills.
• Stays abreast of new trends and developments in own specialty area, the broader industry, and experiments with new approaches or emerging technological solutions to current business needs.
• Deliver Results for Clients: Contributes to delivery of results for client on complex issues. Sets challenging goals that align with the WBG mission and is always looking to improve. Understands clients’ most pressing challenges and contributes to solutions. Takes personal responsibility for producing high quality work, identifying and informing of risks, and delivering results for clients.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries: Keeps others fully informed to ensure integration and work consistency and displays a sense of mutuality and respect. Approaches conflicts as common problems to be solved. Seeks and listens to input from others to inform own decision making and openly shares information. Frames thinking/actions with a WBG corporate perspective in mind.
• Lead and Innovate: Brings new and different insights. Applies critical thinking to current approaches, identifies areas for improvement, and tries new solutions that drive results. Considers own behavior in context of WBG’s values and mission and recognizes impact one has on others. Operates in ambiguity and changing needs and supports others to do the same.
• Create, Apply and Share Knowledge: Actively contributes to and readily applies WBG’s body of knowledge for internal and/or external client solutions. Contributes to the department’s and WBG’s body of knowledge by applying lessons learned and expertise. Actively invests in own knowledge and seeks feedback. Builds personal and professional networks within and beyond the work group.
• Make Smart Decisions: Leverages available data and makes timely decisions. Seeks and analyzes facts, data and lessons of past experience to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ work. Applies cost/benefit analysis to meet work program objectives. Contributes to decision making by providing relevant risk-analysis. Shows initiative when necessary and makes decisions in a timely manner within own area of responsibility.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
|Country:||-- United States|
|City, State:||Washington D.C.|
|Closing date:||August 4, 2021|