IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
IFC has embarked on an ambitious new growth strategy (IFC 3.0) to stimulate more investment activity, especially in Low Income Countries and Fragile and Conflict affected Situations. This strategy calls for generating our own opportunities by proactively working “Upstream” to create, deepen, and expand markets and to imagine, design and implement investment projects. It requires taking a systematic approach to understanding the regulatory and sector bottlenecks that prevent the flow of private capital into productive investment in our member countries, and addressing these bottlenecks through World Bank Group engagement on policy reforms and programmatic interventions at the country and sector level. It also requires capacity to leverage WBG programs and projects to develop our own proactive sector interventions and to imagine and design projects even in the absence of reforms.
The Asia and Pacific (APAC) Infrastructure Upstream team advises governments (national, state, local) and private sector clients to identify, structure, and launch bankable infrastructure projects and programs, which leverage private sector expertise and capital, and achieve public–development objectives. The APAC Infrastructure Upstream team plans to recruit an Extended Term Consultant, to be based out of the New Delhi office, to assist the Infrastructure team in developing and implementing Upstream projects in Asia.
The candidate will closely work with members of the APAC Infrastructure Upstream team as well as Investment Officers and global specialists. The candidate for this position will be supervised by the APAC Upstream Coordinator for Transport and Logistics and/or the APAC Infra Upstream Lead.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities and overall profile required for this position are as given below:
Selected candidate will assist Upstream Officers in all aspects of their work, including assisting with the regional and global portfolio management team/network in the following areas:
Upstream Business Development and Project management support
• Support Business Development and conceptualization of Upstream projects with public and private sector clients, with a focus on Transportation and Logistics and Renewable Energy;
• Support execution of active Upstream Seeds and Projects in terms of drafting Terms of Reference for consultants, oversight of consultants, preparing Info Memos, Teasers, minutes of meetings etc.;
• Prepare progress reports and presentations to secure buy-in of key stakeholders related to project delivery;
• Draft Concept note and Implementation plan documents for new Upstream projects in consultation with teams and other relevant stakeholders;
• Assist in reviewing project documents to ensure fit with strategy and compliance to policies;
• Provide efficient, timely and effective response to demands and requests for information and analysis of data including inputs and highlights for strategy exercises and documents for circulation to senior management;
• Participate in discussions with the consultants, stakeholders and the clients;
• Develop marketing pitch books/presentations, project proposals, minutes, draft agreements, and responses for client queries.
Portfolio and program management support
• Develop analysis to help inform business decisions including strategy tracking, portfolio performance against development targets, and project quality;
• Contribute to the preparation of material for the portfolio review meetings, coordinating with the Regional APAC Infra Upstream Lead and Portfolio Management Officers;
• Play a pro-active role in identifying performance flags from the portfolio and making valuable recommendations for improvements;
• Support Regional APAC Infra Upstream Lead with budgeting and financing needs for Upstream portfolio.
Strategy and research support
• Undertake industry and market research for new upstream ideas/areas explored for IFC intervention;
• Support preparation and review of regional and country strategies, partnership frameworks with World Bank for Upstream inputs;
• Assist in the preparation of various presentations and briefs;
• Assist in the preparation and planning of various training, learning events and workshops related to project execution.
• Master’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Finance, Economics, International Relations, Science, Engineering, or other relevant field;
• At least 8 years of relevant experience in renewable energy, transport or similar;
• Working knowledge of IFC and regional strategic priorities;
• Experience in or knowledge of project design, implementation and monitoring (project cycle) of upstream and advisory projects; exposure to investment cycle is a plus
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to interact with people at all levels;
• Detail oriented, team player with organizational skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision;
• Capacity to work effectively in a virtual multi-disciplinary team environment;
• Excellent analytical, MS Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
|City, State:||New Delhi|
|Closing date:||June 18, 2021|