Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at
Legal Vice Presidency Unit
The Legal Vice Presidency (LEGVP), under the Senior Vice President
LEG invites qualified candidates to apply for its Extended Term Consultant
Roles & Responsibility:
* The Extended Term Consultant, under the supervision of the
* Draft legal agreements and/or pleadings, litigation filings, and
* Prepare legal memoranda on complex legal issues.
* Conduct legal research on complex issues of law.
* Advise teams on World Bank policies and procedures.
* Provide guidance to Administrative Client Support staff and/or
* Carry out any other complementary duties assigned by the Senior Counsel(s).
* At minimum, an LL.B. degree or equivalent and qualified to
* Minimum 3 years’ experience involving legal research, contract
General Competencies Required
* Excellent legal research, writing, analytical and communications
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Familiarity in the use of varied legal research sources
* Fully proficient in computer skills, particularly in using word
* Ability to work well as a team member in a multi-cultural and
* Ability to work under time pressure and to juggle multiple tasks
* Experience in litigation, administrative and contract law, and
* Fluency in written and spoken English is required, as well as
Other Competencies Required
– Deliver Results for Clients: Contributes to delivery of
– Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries: Takes
– Lead and Innovate: Brings new and different insights.
– Create, Apply and Share Knowledge: Actively contributes to
– Make Smart Decisions: Leverages available data and makes
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
|Country:||-- United States|
|City, State:||Washington D.C.|