The World Congress for a New Civilization (WCNC) is a new non-profit organization founded to help birth a global, representative institution for the 21st Century — to ensure inclusion of the highest common values of the full diversity of humanity, to help catalyze consensus, and to partner with the world’s leading existing institutions as together we seek to create a better future for all. The primary, initial vehicle to reach those goals is to convene the most representative large-scale gathering in history, World Congress One, a sort of global citizen’s assembly, currently planned to occur in Fall 2021, along with a series of virtual gatherings and other initiatives leading up to and following that date. For more information about the WCNC and who is already involved, please visit our website.
The WCNC is offering a (possibly part-time) opportunity for a passionate and seasoned non-profit development professional to lead, coordinate, and grow a successful comprehensive and globally-oriented fundraising program from scratch, with an approx. $500k target for 2020, growing further from there. The Director of Development, working with the well-respected and highly experienced founder/executive director (and with the added credibility of very high level organizational Advisors and Board members) will oversee all fundraising planning and implementation, including major gift prospecting and stewardship, crowdfunding, donor recognition, direct mail, special fundraising events, foundation grants, and internet-based fundraising. Major responsibilities include identifying, soliciting, cultivating, and stewarding institutional and individual donors, spearheading our One Hour of Income campaign, and elevating the WCNC’s visibility to and building relationships with donors around the world.
- Six or more years of proven, successful fundraising track record, including demonstrated experience raising funds from charitable foundations and major donors.
- Passionate commitment to the WCNC’s mission, and ability to effectively articulate goals, strategic plans and fundraising programs.
- Experience implementing fundraising goals, quarterly plans, data-tracking and process systems.
- Experience and high-comfort level with large-scale crowdfunding campaigns.
- Top level communication skills with particularly strengths writing grant proposals and pitching donors and foundations.
- Command of cultural sensitivity by valuing and embracing cultural, political, and social differences.
- Comfortable working independently (virtually) in a startup-like environment with a small team… and engaging with high-level global leaders.
LOCATION information: Although the Founder/Executive Director of the WCNC is based in New York City, and likely a physical headquarters office will evolve there (when appropriate), it is not required that this position operate from NYC or even the United States. It will likely be advantageous for position candidates to have extensive experience and relationships where the density of philanthropic funding sources is greatest, no matter where they currently are based.
*IMPORTANT* RENUMERATION INFORMATION: Initial base will be provided, with candidates willing to accept some deferred compensation. Although we intend to pay well, this role will help create most of the initial funding pool to pay staff. Fundraising has already begun. (see org website for better overview).