QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The Deputy Chief of Party will assist the COP in providing overall technical, administrative, and financial management leadership. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting the Chief of Party with contractual compliance and program management
- Monitoring project budget and expenditures
- Serving as Acting Chief of Party when the Chief of Party is unavailable.
- Making cash flow projections
- Ensuring timely and qualitative financial reporting in accordance with USAID requirements
- Supervision of field operations, administration, logistics, and procurement
- Overseeing the preparation and delivery of annual work plans and reports, quarterly performance monitoring reports, and other client required reporting
- Managing, delivering, and monitoring of sub-grants
- Supervising program monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- Ensuring quality control and timeliness of all deliverables as required by USAID
- Ensuring the overall safety of office staff and short-term consultants through management of a security contract and ensuring staff strictly adhere to all security protocols
- Coordinating the development and implementation of the project technical strategies, adapting global and regional technical resources and tools as needed for the South Sudan context
- Promoting sustainability of project activities with effective networking, coordination and linkages to other programs, partners and counterparts, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners
- Ten (10) or more years of experience managing finance, operations and security for international donor-funded programs, with at least 8 years of experience working with USAID-funded projects
- Advanced university degree in relevant subject areas, preferably International Development and/or Development Management with a desired emphasis in Finance and Account, Contracts and Compliance
- Prior substantive experience as Deputy Chief of Party, Director of Finance and Administration, or its equivalent on USAID-funded projects
- Thorough understanding of USAID policies and procedures
- Experience in Turkmenistan, or Central Asia preferred
- Proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision‐making, communication and interpersonal skills, including being an articulate speaker and sympathetic listener
- English and Russian fluency required
- The DCOP should have demonstrated ability: to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to work with and manage a highly‐skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non‐governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate M&E programs
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.