The DCOP will support all aspects of technical implementation, maintain communication and momentum among teams, and oversee activity operations, including grants management, progress reporting, and administrative matters. S/he will serve as the secondary point of contact with USAID/Uganda and assume the COP responsibilities in the absence of the COP.
- With the Chief of Party, provide leadership and oversight to all aspects of technical implementation, including designing and leading implementation of technical strategies and activities to meet the Activity’s objectives;
- Support annual work planning development process, implementation of workplan activities, and delivery of annual targets;
- Supervise Kampala- and regionally-based Partnership Managers to ensure coherent technical implementation and coordinate resources across implementation zones;
- With the Chief of Party, identify issues and risks related to program implementation and guide appropriate program adjustments;
- Serve as a key liaison between USAID and all other counterparts, implementing partners, program stakeholders, national and regional policymakers and economic agencies, private sector entities, and civil society organizations.
- Oversee multiple activities simultaneously, including hiring, training, mentoring, and supervising local personnel;
- Ensure compliance with local labor laws, USAID policies, and DAI policies and procedures.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study such as rural and agricultural development, agricultural economics, agribusiness and/or business development, and social science or a related field, OR a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study with, at least, 5 years of development experience relevant to the SOW.
- At least 8 years (10 years for a Bachelor’s degree) of progressively increasing responsibility in managing diverse teams and operational functions including public-private partnerships development, grants program management, and adaptive programming for activities of similar scope, size and complexity.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining effective working relations with government officials, private sector stakeholder and local CSOs.
- At least five years of experience working in related fields in Africa, preferably East Africa.
Interested candidates should send their CV to IAMrecruitment@dai.com with ‘DCOP’ in the subject line. Ugandan candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.