The position will be based in Yangon.
The DCOP/Senior Technical Advisor will support the Chief of Party (COP) and provide overall day-to-day management and coordination of project technical and administrative personnel and functions, including ensuring that appropriate technical and financial reporting requirements are met. He or she should have appropriate levels of complementary expertise, professional and work experience to support the COP and coherent and effective program coordination and operations, and possess the relevant management, communication, and interpersonal skills to fulfill this role.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible relevant experience overseeing programmatic, administrative, and financial management functions of international development work;
- At least 5 years technical leadership for complex donor-funded programs related to trade and private sector investment facilitation
- Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture, economics, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with various stakeholders in Burma including government agencies, business alliances, multinational corporations, NGOs, and other stakeholders;
- Experience building capacity within the private sector in Burma (including within those industries mentioned above: agriculture; energy; and ICT;
- Experience with activity design, development, implementation, and closing;
- Experience with USAID or other international donors required.
- Excellent communications and writing ability; Strong computer literacy skills;
- Fluency in English required.