International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Data Management Specialist
Department/Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports To: Program Manager or his/her designee
Type: Regular Full-Time
The Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) is part of the Department of State’s (DOS) multi-faceted response to transnational crime. Dedicated to strengthening criminal justice systems, impeding the movement of illegal narcotics, addressing corruption, and building capacity to counter many types of transnational crime, INL’s Office of Western Hemisphere Programs (INL/WHP) plays a key role in leading the development and synchronization of U.S. foreign assistance in the region. INL/WHP is procuring a contract to support M&E of INL/WHP programs through the development of new indicators, the improvement of existing indicators, the development and maintenance of a data management system, and the analysis and reporting of the progress and impact of INL/WHP programs.
IBTCI is seeking a Data Management Specialist to oversee the quarterly and annual collection and reporting of all performance measures, whether under the purview of this contract or not. The Data Management Specialist shall be the final data quality check and oversee and enforce the entire data reporting cycle.
This position will be full-time (defined as at least 40-hour work week) for one (1) year with four (4) optional years.
This position requires a SECRET personnel security clearance issued by the Defense Security Service (DSS).
*This position is contingent upon award.*
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Notify all responsible parties when data needs to be reported, ensure all open source data is up-to-date, and assist with data entry, including transferring existing data stored in a variety of sources (such as PowerPoint, emails, and InfoPath) to the data management system
- Monitor data for accuracy, completeness, redundancies, and provide user assistance to M&E contract employees and program officers
- Participate with M&E Specialists in entering both past and current data; generating reports and analytics; and shall assist in searching and documenting the use of open source data
- May require manual data entry and content correction and editing
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with computer algorithms and/or computer programing languages
- Knowledge of C, C++, Java, embedding language, and HTML
- Knowledge of survey design and implementation and/or qualitative in-person interviews
- Knowledge of technical writing or report production
- Knowledge and/or experience working in the Western Hemisphere
- Knowledge or experience with additional international narcotics and law enforcement-related programs
- Experience supporting the U.S. Department of State, Department of Justice, USAID or other similar government partners
- Experience supporting Non-governmental Organizations
- Spanish, French, or Dutch language skills
- Current secret security clearance
- Highly skilled in using Microsoft Excel and/or Access to store and analyze data
- S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance
- Demonstrated ability to work in Microsoft SharePoint
- Demonstrate high-level of understanding of data visualization and reporting using Microsoft Excel and/or Access
- Highly skilled in using data analysis and producing quality descriptive data visualizations
- Highly skilled in using Macros and similar functions
- Demonstrate high-level of understanding of statistical analysis and software such as SPSS or STATA
- Ability to present results in written reports
- Based in the D.C. metro area and able to work in the INL/WHP office space
- FSI Level 4/4 English or equivalent
- Data warehousing, business intelligence and/or information management concepts skills
- Skilled in using visualization and reporting software such as Microstrategy, Tableau, Power BI, and ArcGIS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Data Management or related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.