Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Data Management Specialist for the assessment, design, and management of data management systems technical for an upcoming two-year contract with the Department of State Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL), Office of Western Hemisphere Programs (WHP). This is a long-term position expected to start in 2017. This position is contingent upon award and will be based in Washington DC.
- Assess the data management needs and make recommendations for a data management and storage system.
- With input from INL/WHP and Posts, design data management systems (using a commercially available product such as Microsoft Excel or Access) as well as design corresponding reporting templates.
- Provide final data quality check and oversee and ensure the entire data reporting cycle. Notify all responsible parties when data needs to be reported, ensure all open source data is up-to-date, and assist with data entry, including transferring existing data stored in a variety of sources to the data management system.
- Design systems to automatically transfer data between documents, reporting templates, and data management/storage systems.
- Monitor data for accuracy, completeness, redundancies, and provide user assistance to M&E task order employees and program officers.
- Assist M&E Specialists with entering both past and current data; generating reports and analytics; and searching and documenting the use of open source data.
- Provide manual data entry and content correction and editing support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly skilled in using Microsoft Excel and/or Access to store and analyze data
- US Citizen or Foreign National
- Demonstrated ability to work in Microsoft SharePoint
- Demonstrate high-level of understanding of data visualization and reporting using Microsoft Excel and/or Access
- Highly skilled in using data analysis and producing quality descriptive data visualizations
- Data warehousing, business intelligence and/or information management concepts skills
- Highly skilled in using Macros and similar functions
- Demonstrate high-level of understanding of statistical analysis and software such as SPSS or STATA
- Skilled in using visualization and reporting software such as Micro strategy, Tableau, and ArcGIS
- Ability to present results in written reports
- Based in the D.C. metro area and able to work in the INL/WHP office space
- FSI Level 4/4 English or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Secret security clearance or ability to obtain and maintain secret security clearance.
- Experience working with computer algorithms and/or computer programing languages
- Knowledge of C, C++, Java, embedding language, and HTML
- Knowledge of survey design and implementation and/or qualitative in-person interviews
- Knowledge of technical writing or report production
- Knowledge and/or experience working in the Western Hemisphere
- Knowledge or experience with additional international narcotics and law enforcement- related programs
- Experience supporting the U.S. Department of State, Department of Justice, USAID or other similar government partners
- Experience supporting Non-governmental Organizations
- Spanish, French, or Dutch language skills
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.