International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Data Analyst
Department/Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Data Analyst to design and implement analytic services requested by USAID’s E3 Bureau. The purpose of the task order is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning services to improve development outcomes.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop data collection and data management tools.
- Manage and research literature reviews.
- Develop qualitative research methodologies and tools.
- Develop analysis plans and automated systems for ongoing analytic tasks; conduct analysis as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least seven years of international experience in research, data collection, assessments, and/or monitoring and evaluation.
- Expertise in statistical analysis and research methodology.
- Demonstrated expertise of relevant technologies and software for both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Experience analyzing and reporting multi-method data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing data visualization and preparing graphics.
- Ability to write effectively for a broad audience.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Master’s Degree in social science, international development, with priority on background in computer technology, statistics, research methodology, or related fields.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of relevant USAID M&E rules, regulations, and protocols.
- Ability to multi-task within tight deadlines.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Strong collaborative and relationship management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and experience with project management technologies.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.