We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Data Analyst/IT Manager
Department/Location: Dakar, Senegal
Reports To: Technical Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Data Analyst/IT Manager for a proposal for USAID’s five-year Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning in Senegal project. The purpose of this project is to establish a monitoring platform which will conduct performance assessments and evaluations, research, and CLA activities for the USAID Mission in Senegal.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Construct and manage a database aggregating findings submitted by network of project implementing partners.
- Construct and manage a dashboard to mine data in project’s database.
- Design, develop and digitize data collection and management tools.
- Develop quantitative research methodologies and tools.
- Develop analysis plans and automated systems for ongoing analytic tasks; conduct analysis as required.
- Participate in training activities targeting implementing partners and other stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
At least five years’ experience in research, data collection, assessments, and/or monitoring and
- Experience in database construction, population and use.
- Expertise in statistical analysis and research methodology.
- Demonstrated expertise of relevant technologies and software for quantitative analysis.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing data visualization and preparing graphics.
- Strong written and oral communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English and French required.
Education: Master’s Degree in IT, social science, international development, with priority on background in computer technology, statistics, research methodology, or related fields.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management.
- Prior experience working in Senegal preferred.
- Demonstrated professional knowledge of data processing software.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel in and around Senegal is essential. An average of 25%-35% travel for project implementation duties. Percentages may vary depending on IBTCI business needs. Regional travel may be necessary.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Senegal.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).