IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
IFC is growing its presence in Singapore to support the investment across the East Asia and Pacific region and globally. The IFC office in Singapore is a unique presence as a co-located hub with the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the Multilateral Guarantee Agency. The IFC Singapore Hub is now looking for a Country Officer. The Country Officer will play a critical role in the implementation of IFC and World Bank Group strategies. S/he will report to the IFC Country Manager, and support and backup the Country Manager in all aspects of the IFC activities in the country. This will include, developing and maintaining relations with Government officials, business development and relationship management with key stakeholders, as well as promoting and coordinating IFC’s operations in Singapore.
Note to Internal Staff: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a renewable term appointment.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.Background / General description
• Represent IFC vis-a-vis the Government, donor and business community. Support Country Manager in relationships with key ministries, agencies, and business community. Ensure that the Government, international and business community have awareness of IFC’s products and value addition, including investment and advisory products and the standards and requirements.
• Ensure IFC representation/involvement at key private sector and public sector events and meetings as appropriate, and ensure dissemination of information to relevant staff within IFC
• In cooperation with regional management and regional strategist, support development and execution of the country strategy. Report on IFC activities in the country for management
• Work closely with the WB Country Team in delivering the WBG’s overall objective for the Singapore Hub
• Lead and support business development in Singapore, including sector mapping, financial analysis and development of promotional materials.
• Oversee gathering of information on sectors, trends, and terms of domestic and international investment.
• Support development of overall country office communications strategy and work with the communications team.
• Support office administration as need.
• Oversee public relations, internal and external event management
• Monitor key conference events in Singapore and ensure proper IFC representation
• Providing in-country support and assistance in arranging IFC missions.
• Develop and manage a knowledge platform, in collaboration with the World Bank Team, for sharing with the external community.
• Actively participating in implementation of IFC’s strategy across EAP Countries.
• Assist Country Manager and project teams in doing integrity and other due diligence on local sponsors and businessesDRDuties and Accountabilities
• A Master degree in economics, business, development or related field with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
• Strong analytical skills and understanding of private sector development challenges facing the EAP countries.
• Understanding of the Singaporean government and business network. Preference for candidates with existing network in Singapore.
• Ability to communicate effectively in speaking and writing to a variety of audiences.
• Excellent client and interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a range of stakeholders.
• Ability to handle multiple demands under pressure.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work independently and proactively.
• Ability to work across different parts of the World Bank Group.
• Business development and investment and/or advisory services experience
• Excellent oral and written communications and editing skills in English and Burmese.
• Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment in a collaborative and constructive way;
• High degree of self-motivation, initiative, flexibility, reliability, and responsiveness to changing demands; Demonstrated willingness to assist others and perform whatever tasks are necessary to help the team achieve its goals; strong interpersonal skills; excellent team playerSCSelection Criteria