Coordinator, Project Locations:
Nampula Reporting Relationship:
Program SpecialistGross salary:
Reporting to the Program Specialist, the Project Coordinator will be part of a team implementing an Early Childhood Development (ECD) project in Mozambique. Working closely with the ChildFund Country office in Mozambique, key national and district level government units, and NGOs working on ECD, S/he will be responsible and accountable for all aspects of the project, including providing the day-to-day oversight in executing the project, identifying and strengthening relevant partnerships, ensuring timely implementation of planned activities, and contractual compliance and communication with the International Office for technical, administrative, and reporting support. The project coordinator will ensure quality in collecting routine data and that all necessary information is well documented and accessible.
Duties/Responsibilities might include:
- Implement project activities based on strategies and interventions within the approved design, spending plans, and agreements and comply with organizational policies/procedures, operational systems, and donor requirements and regulations.
- Coordinate with the CO team and Universities to carry out the situation analysis assessments on early childhood development related to nurturing care framework to establish evidence-based data to support the design of the project implementation phase.
- Lead the conduct of a series of consultations and validation with key government ministries/departments (the National Directors of Public Health and Children, the Secretariat of Food Security, and the Ministry of Water and Sanitation) and other ECD stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of needs, gaps, resources, and high-level government priorities.
- Support in assessing existing and potential new implementing partners’ capacity to implement ECD and Nurturing Care interventions in consultation with the proposed county governments.
- Provide technical inputs in revising the parenting program package, including training materials/job aids/caregiver reference resources based on evidence.
- In collaboration with an external evaluator contracted by the donor, support the development of an evaluation plan for the implementation phase, including proposed objectives, evaluation questions, child development indicator profiles, data collection tools, and analysis plans to support the measurement of child development outcomes.
- Coordinate and lead in drafting of a 36-month implementation plan and budget that will act as a blueprint for promoting Nurturing Care in the identified districts/countries with inputs from representatives from government ministries/departments from all the proposed counties and other stakeholders.
- Conduct stakeholder validation and prioritization workshops with parents, caregivers, and community representatives from the four proposed counties.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, including field visits and surveys, and share information with relevant stakeholders for timely action to achieve results.
- Build relationships and collaborate with partners (GO’s, NGOs, others) at local and regional levels for resource sharing and complementation (financial, technical, etc.)
- Maintain a positive relationship with donors through support in the preparation and submission of timely and high-quality reports and documentation from the project sites.
- Work with other units to develop budgets, track spending, and ensure timely financial reporting.
- Lead ECD advocacy work in the project areas, together with the local implementing partners involved.
- Participate in Local Partners mapping and capacity assessment looking to Nurture Care framework for partnership.
- Be alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills necessary for promoting strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and ensure full adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and maintaining an environment of diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- In close collaboration with CO, maintain ongoing communication with relevant Technical Advisors and Award Management colleagues at the International Office.
- Any other duties relevant to the position may be assigned by the supervisor.
- 5+ years of experience in implementing and coordinating grant projects and other related programs related to Nurturing Care Framework and Early Childhood Development (ECD), parenting, and early learning programming, especially in support of infants and young children’s caregivers are living in marginalized contexts.
- Demonstrated experience in the monitoring programs and monitoring program budgets and tracking against activities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social, and political issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in project-based accounting, facilitation, organizational and time management skills, and a supportive attitude towards strengthening local organizations and building local capacities for self-management.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English, demonstrated training and public speaking abilities.
- Fluency in one/more national and local languages
- Written and oral communication in Portuguese.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in community development/social science discipline, advanced degree preferred; equivalent relevant work experience is acceptable in lieu of an educational requirement.
How to apply
Interested candidates, please send your applications, Curriculum Vitae to the following Link:
Closing date 18th of April 2023.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and safely conducting its programs and operations.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.