The Development Strategy and Governance Division of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Communications Specialist for a one-year renewable position based in Yangon, Myanmar. The successful candidate will work to develop and disseminate project outreach products through multiple mediums, including websites, social media, and publications, in English and Myanmar. Interested applicants must be authorized to work in Myanmar.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the design, development and dissemination of effective outreach products for key projects, including briefs, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, web features, blogs, newsletters, press releases, and website content
- Coordinate, edit, design and provide content for program microsite
- Develop and expand presence online using social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter and others as appropriate
- Develop and expand outreach and policy influence through appropriate communications products and tools
- Manage and quality control the translation of outreach products to the Myanmar language
- Provide outreach presence for conferences, workshops, and outreach, media, and other events
- Tracking the impact of research by mo nitoring media and scholarly publications for citations and collecting web, social media, and other statistics
- Coordinate with other agriculturally related programs, tools, and knowledge platforms (within IFPRI and externally)
- Other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years of relevant professional experience or Master’s degree.
- Excellent written and oral English and Myanmar communication skills, including the ability to speak clearly and concisely and write for diverse audiences; strong cross-cultural communication and sensitivity skills.
- Experience developing website and social media content.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to convey scientific and research information to diverse audiences in an engaging and concise manner.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse employee population and with all levels of staff and management.
- Highly output-focused and conscientious with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and multitask under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with agriculture, food security, and nutritional issues.
- Familiarity with WordPress and graphic design software (Adobe Photoshop).
- Experience conducting interviews, taking photos, videos, or otherwise supporting field work or events.
- Strong familiarity with USAID communication practices (branding and marking requirements, communications toolkits and style/usage guides, social media content development, etc.)
- Previous experience working in international development.
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will seat in an upright position for a long period of time
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.