International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Communications Officer
Department/Location: Amman, Jordan
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is an exempt-level position and not eligible for overtime
This is a full-time position based in Amman, and is open to Jordanian Nationals only
Overview: IBTCI is currently seeking a qualified Office Manager for work under a monitoring and evaluation support services project funded by the United States Agency for International Development Yemen Mission (USAID/Yemen). The USAID/Yemen-funded Yemen Monitoring and Evaluation Project Phase II (YMEPII) is a multi-year project focusing on the provision of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning services across multiple development sectors in Yemen.
The Communications Officer will work closely with the YMEPII Chief of Party, IBTCI Field Staff, Home Office, and USAID/Yemen to facilitate information sharing, coordinate outreach efforts, and develop communications policies and procedures.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate information sharing and outreach and communications policies and procedures for the activity, as well as USAID/Yemen as requested.
- Review and edit all written and communications products, ensuring that products are of publishable quality and tailored to the appropriate audiences.
- Advise on dissemination methods for products to ensure that information reaches the appropriate audiences most effectively.
- Explore and develop means of effectively communicating complex information, whether generated by the activity or other partners, and making it easily understood.
- Prepare press releases, produce public information and publicity materials, and provide editorial quality control.
- Aggregate information across USAID/Yemen projects in order to help the Mission present activities, success stories, and results.
- Provide support to Implementing Partner (IP) organizations to familiarize them with USAID writing style standards and content format to generate relevant information for success stories.
- Work with IP organizations to ensure photo and video content is incorporated into their reporting, and ensure that project photos and videos are of high quality and presents project outcomes and successes.
- Upon request, work with IPs, US Government Stakeholders, and local Yemeni Government Counterparts to support public events surrounding USAID/Yemen activities.
- Monitor local, regional and international media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in communications roles.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability and willingness to work with all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work quickly and independently.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Arabic Required.
- Experience in creating high-quality reports and presentations in both English and Arabic required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic design, public administration, political science, international relations, conflict resolution and peacebuilding or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent skills and demonstrated experience in development of communications products, preferably in international development.
- Demonstrated experience in developing or revising a communications strategy.
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design, specifically in the creation of infographics.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience.
- Experience supporting development programming in conflict contexts preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Jordan.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.