The Communications officer will support DAI’s EU Business Unit communications efforts.
Key tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Online communications: Support the visibility of DAI’s EU project portfolio by: Keeping abreast of project implementation and identifying news and social media content; Creating content (articles, news, posts) on our EU-projects for DAI.com, social media handles, and internal newlsetters and tools.
- Event organisation: Support the organisation of DAI’s participation in European Development Days, and the organisation of DAI’s 50th birthday in Brussels; contribute to DAI’s visility on major events in Brussels.
- Marketing material: Support with the production of corporate marketing material (fliers, brochures, banners, etc.): draft content, work with DAI’s internal designer on layout and mock-up, supervise production of printed material.
- Support other DAI outreach activities and engagement with EU, partners and experts.
Objectives and measurement criteria:
- Successfully contribute to increasing DAI visibility in the EU ecosystem market.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Understanding of / interest in corporate communications.
- Interest in international development and/or working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent writing skills in English and French.
- Social media savvy.
- Good knowledge of Windows.
- Pro-active, assertive and action-oriented with strong intellectual ability and agility.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to tight deadlines.
- Experience working with European Institutions and/or on corporate communications.
- Demonstrated interest in global development.
- Basic skills in Adobe suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
The salary offered for the Communications Officer will be commensurate with relevant experience. The successful candidate will work alongside colleagues in the DAI Europe offices in Brussels, Belgium.
DAI offers a generous benefits package including contribution towards pension and private health scheme; life assurance; meal vouchers; eco voucher and travel allowance (if applicable). There are several day-to-day perks of working at DAI that help keep us happy and motivated!
All applicants must be eligible to work in the EU.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications is 3rd April 2020 and interviews will be held progressively.