Function of the Position:
The Communications Associate/Specialist/Sr Comms Specialist is an integral part of DAI’s Communications team, which works to develop effective communications strategies and products, enhance DAI’s public profile, and support internal communications. This is a full-time professional position, contributing to all aspects of internal and external communications. The incumbent is primarily responsible for generating content that will tell the DAI story, embody the DAI brand, support DAI marketing initiatives, and keep DAI corporate and project staff updated on critical company developments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Working with the Senior Manager of Corporate Communications, conceptualizes, drafts, and edits high-quality content (feature articles, news items, project descriptions, good news bulletins, marketing fliers, personnel profiles, etc.) for DAI’s internal and external communications channels, including dai.com, social media, and DAI’s intranet. Prepares the DAI Weekly Notes. Helps keep dai.com current. Supports DAI’s social media outreach. Provides billable short-term technical assistance to projects as needed (research, writing, event support, social media, etc.). Helps populate the editorial calendar, mapping out strategically important events for DAI communications activities. Represents DAI at select events and supports events, seminars, conferences as needed.
- Procures and manages DAI marketing collateral. Helps manage the marketing flier help desk and provides marketing materials as requested.
- Additional responsibilities as necessary as business needs evolve.
- Depending on the level of candidate appointed either a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or preferably a Master’s degree with atleast some relevant work experience
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to contribute to the team with ideas and energy.
- Proficient in social media.
- Good judgment and ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities on deadline.
- Ability to travel to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global security has deemed travel unsafe.
Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) or other word processing, spreadsheet, or presentation software.
- Experience in journalism, technical writing, public relations, or other communications-related field.
- Complementary skills such as graphic design, web content management, video/photo editing and visual storytelling, infographics.
- Degree in related field (communications, journalism, media, PR, technical writing).
- Knowledge of the international development industry and community; international work experience desirable
For the Europe based role please apply below. Please indicate your preferred location in your cover letter.
The salary offered for the role will be commensurate with relevant experience. DAI offers a generous benefits package including, after a qualifying period, company pension scheme, private health scheme and life assurance.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK/EU.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications is end of February 2020 and interviews will be held progressively.