The chief of party (COP) will lead and manage MSI’s efforts to achieve project’s results. S/he will provide vision and overall leadership to MSI’s operations and drive the achievement of results by ensuring the provision of timely, relevant and high-quality services.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID on the day-to-day implementation and management issues of the project.
- Serve as principal liaison with the host country government, counterparts, beneficiaries, and donors. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with them.
- Provide overall technical and operational leadership for the implementation of the project activities while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements and regulations.
- Manage and supervise the work of all personnel assigned to tasks under the contract and ensure timely implementation.
- Facilitate semi-annual project reviews and yearly Mission workshop.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of services provided under the task order, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Master’s degree in a social science, development studies or a related field, or a bachelor’s degree plus five additional years relevant experience.
- At least twelve (12) years experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects required; experience with collaborative learning contexts preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects, including providing oversight of technical and administrative issues and supervising staff and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of and prior experience working on USAID-funded activities strongly preferred.
- Experience working on development programs in Bosnia or in the Balkans region is desirable.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communications skills.