The Chief of Party (COP) will define and manage task order and IDIQ requirements: including staffing, and cost and quality control of all tasks and assignments undertaken to achieve the objectives of the IDIQ and associated task orders. S/he shall be based in Nairobi and travel to Somalia as necessary in order to ensure timely and high-quality data analysis and reporting to USAID. S/he shall serve as the main point of contact between USAID and MSI.
- A graduate degree in the field of management, international development or a related technical field, or a bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in international development, including experience managing multi-million dollar development projects.
- At least three years of experience as a COP preferred, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
- Prior experience in a high threat environment.
- Prior experience in supervising long-term field staff and short-term experts of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation skills.