- identify the lessons learned from past experience;
- better understand the complex Liberian development context (including institutional norms and behaviors affecting project results) through advanced research, surveys, data collection and analysis; and
- adapt its programs to this information and analysis.
The project will establish a support unit in Monrovia to assist the Mission in strengthening its management of key aspects of the programming cycle, specifically strategic planning, project design, performance monitoring and evaluation, and institutionalized learning and adaptation.
SI is seeking a full-time Chief of Party responsible for leading and managing the overall complex operations of the DELTA project. The COP will work closely with USAID/Liberia’s Program Office, Mission technical offices, staff and management from other USAID implementing partner operated activities, and representatives of the Government of Liberia and other international donor stakeholders to ensure that USAID’s assistance to Liberia is informed by solid empirical evidence and analysis and that can be used by the Mission. The position will be for the duration of the five-year project.
- Serve as SI’s representative in Liberia and will be responsible for leading and managing the overall operations of the DELTA Activity.
- Efficiently manage a complex program, including the recruitment and supervision of long and short-term staff and consultants for work required under this contract.
- Oversee project management systems for finance and administration, logistics, human resources and strategic operation.
- Interact professionally with senior Mission, Embassy, Government of Liberia (GOL) officials and other stakeholders and development actors.
- Achieve program results efficiently, timely and in compliance USAID, US Government policies and procedures.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the contract with the USAID Mission, implementing partners, other donors, the host country’s government GOL.
- Lead the work planning, including contingency planning if necessary, and oversee the operations of the contract to achieve successful implementation of activities.
- Mentor local staff to enhance capacity and actively contribute expertise to the contract overall and provide strategic and operational direction.
- Provide expertise on the project’s learning, knowledge and adaptive management driven, and analytical activities.
- Ensure the completion of timely reports, evaluation, analyses, assessments, and deliverables that meet USAID quality control/assurance standards.
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- At least ten years development professional experience working with issues related to planning, design, and performance management of international development assistance programs, preferably those funded by the USG.
- Masters or Ph.D. in a field relevant to development assistance, international affairs, political science, sociology, economics, business, public administration, organizational development, communications, or a closely related field.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication, presentation, and negotiating skills.
- Strong understanding of multi-sectoral development theory.
- Thorough working knowledge of USG operations, regulations, policies, procedures and programs desirable.
- Familiarity with the Liberian culture, society and development context or that of other similar countries in the region.
- Fluency in English (Level 4) with superior oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in comparable post-conflict countries an asset.
- Experience working with previous U.S. government programs preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.