Position: Chief of Party
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is searching for a Chief of Party (COP) for a new project based out of Bangladesh. The COP serves as the overall project manager and team leader. As the key liaison, the COP will be involved in all activities and tasks of the project. The selected candidate must be willing to relocate to Bangladesh for the duration of the project.
USAID’s new anti-corruption activity will focus on reducing corruption over the next five years by increasing transparency in public-resource management. A key goal of this activity will be to strengthen oversight of watchdog institutions and civil society organizations. This position is contingent on project award.
* Responsible for the successful implementation of project activities to achieve the results outlined in the contract, as periodically adjusted in consultations between the COP and Tetra Tech, and approved by USAID
* Oversee management of full-time expatriate and local staff, including final authority to hire and fire expatriate (with the prior approval of Tetra Tech) and all other staff and otherwise direct staff activities and make any adjustments to staffing patterns needed within the limitations of the project budget
* Lead and oversee technical developments of all project components and serve as the primary point of contact with the Government of Bangladesh (GOB), justice system, and civil society on issues that are within the project’s scope of work or that affect the promotion of better functioning of justice sector institutions and more accountable courts
* Serve as primary point of contact with USAID, in particular the Contracting Officer, Contracting Officer’s Representative, and other relevant client actors, as required for successful completion of the project and contract
* Establish working relationships with major participants in Bangladesh’s judicial, training, and civil society sectors and develop a thorough understanding of and remain up to date at all times throughout the contract period on developments in these sectors in Bangladesh
* Ensure component activities are integrated and fully leveraged so the project meets/exceeds expected results. Build synergies among the different activities, and pursue areas of cooperation with key counterparts, other donors, and partner institutions
* Determine the need for, qualification, timing, and duration of retention and selection of consultants and oversee their work
* Develop and maintain good working relations with local subcontractors and guide their work and the achievement of their scopes of work
* Ensure compliance with the project’s monitoring and evaluation goals and reporting requirements
* Manage the project budget, including authority to determine all expenditures and allocation and or reallocation of funds as necessary for the accomplishment of project goals.
* Maintain relations with USAID and ensure project compliance with USAID regulations
* Complete reporting requirements for weekly, quarterly, and other reports in a timely and thorough manner, and ensure that project expense reports are prepared by the 1st of each month. Monthly reports, quarterly reports, and annual plans will be approved by the Tetra Tech Project Director or Project Officer prior to submission to USAID
* Maintain constant communication with the Home Office informing the office of modifications to work plans and the associated budget
* Represent Tetra Tech in a professional manner
* Prepare a compact disc at the close of the project, including project description, activities undertaken, project achievements, and approved products
* Ensure all approved documents are submitted to the Development Clearinghouse, as required by USAID
* Lead in all other respects, and undertake other duties as appropriate and as assigned to achieve project goals
* Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Employee will meet the following minimum qualification standards for the positions, where appropriate experience equivalent has been indicated:
* Minimum of 10 years’ experience supervising complex, fast-paced, politically oriented field operations in emergency democracies, at least 3 years of which have been spent in COP or DCOP position, or equivalent
* Experience managing or implementing a similar rule of law and transparency project that involved building relationships with government and stakeholders, grants-making, and training
* Knowledge of Bangladesh and/or South Asia
* Experience managing technical activities on USAID programs preferred
* Advanced degree in a relevant field
* Fluency in English required
* Proficiency in Bengali preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.