Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated 5-year USAID-funded Georgia Green Transport and Logistics Program. This program will identify ways to improve the Georgian transport and logistics sectors to increase the volume and value of people and goods transiting Georgia, while decreasing the cost, time, and environmental footprint of transit systems.
- Strengthen the Government of Georgia’s ability to plan, implement, and manage national strategies related to trade, logistics, climate change, and air quality.
- Strengthen the ability of the Georgian private sector to meet new requirements and regulations, including as part of the EU Association Agreement, and to take advantage of new opportunities in transport and logistics offered by the increased focus on the Middle Corridor.
- Improve standards across the transport and logistics sector to international levels, including for road safety, air quality, and efficiency
This position will be based in Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the project, in coordination with USAID/Georgia
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters, including responsibility for making key decisions and solving programmatic challenges in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all USAID rules and regulations, contract requirements, and Chemonics policies and systems.
- Apply expert understanding and international best practices in transportation, logistics, trade facilitation, and/or emissions reductions strategies to achieve project objectives
- Liaise with and maintain effective working relations with senior government officials of partner countries, stakeholders, international organizations, private sector partners, NGOs, civil society, U.S. Government agencies, and USAID Mission.
- Communicate clear expectations to project staff and partners and establish an operating environment that encourages integrity, honesty, open communications, and commitment to compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations, and Chemonics’ policies and procedures.
- Provide general oversight of the project, including overall responsibility for the project’s operations, strategic vision, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordination with partners.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field, or combination of work and education experience in a related field
- A minimum of 10 years of senior-level experience in the design, implementation, and management of USAID projects, preferably on transportation, logistics, trade, or enabling environment programs. Experience with private sector engagement and/or digitalization preferred.
- Ability to scope and plan interventions in response to changing contexts and conditions, in close coordination with USAID
- Proven record of building teams and fostering collaboration with diverse stakeholders to achieve project goals, meet project milestones, and produce quality project results
- Ability to engage and build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a manner respectful of local culture and customs
- Knowledge of the Georgia Transporation Strategy preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Experience in Georgia or the South Caucasus region preferred
- Fluency in English required; additional language skills preferred
Please send an updated CV and cover letter to GeorgiaGreenTransportRecruit@chemonics.com by April 24, 2023. Please include Georgia Green Transport COP in the subject line.