- Develop strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and overall management of the project in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives;
- Oversee program administration, operations, implementation, and fiscal management to ensure financial activity aligns and is compliant with budget allocations, internal policies, and donor regulations;
- Assure high quality technical leadership and oversight for the program;
- Manage high-level relations with project stakeholders, leaving State-speciifc relations to the DCOP and State Managers to handle;
- Ensure the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation;
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the program, including compliance with donor transparency and due diligence requirements.
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agronomy, Business Administration, Development studies, or similar is required;
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in designing, managing and implementing agribusiness and/or value chain programs to include work on extension systems
- At least five years’ experience as Chief of Party, Project Director or similar senior management position, ideally with USAID and preferably in Nigeria; demonstrated experience in managing teams dispersed across wide geographic areas is a plus
- Experience with Feed the Future Programs is critical;
- In-depth knowledge of USAID approaches and regulations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.