Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the El Salvador Domestic Resource Mobilization (DRM) Program. This five-year, $30-to-$33 million program will support the government of El Salvador’s public financial management reform efforts by improving public financial management practices, increasing domestic resource mobilization, and generating additional revenue for the public sector. The program will 1) improve budget planning and preparation; 2) improve budget execution through timely implementation of the four core modules (budget, treasury, accounting, and procurement); 3) promote reform sustainability, broaden the tax base and compliance, and support improvements in tax administration and enforcement; and 4) bolster transparency and public-private dialogue on fiscal policy. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee the program’s technical and administrative components
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, other donors, government institutions, local organizations, and the private sector on day-to-day implementation and management
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate adjustments
- Manage and supervise program personnel, subcontractors, and grantees, with a focus on core results, achievement of work plan activities and targets, and timely implementation
- Master’s degree in economics, business administration, or trade and investment
- Minimum 15 years of international experience in a supervisory role leading public financial management contracts of a similar size and complexity; experience directing USAID projects preferred
- Strong understanding of public financial management issues, including expenditure management and fiscal policy
- Regional program management experience in Latin America and the Caribbean; experience in Central America preferred
- Previous experience developing collaborative working relationships with government counterparts, local organizations, and private sector executives
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and experience facilitating dialogue among high-level leaders
- Strong leadership capabilities, with excellent project management, personnel management, technical, analytical, and team-building skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent written and spoken Spanish and English (FSI levels 4-4) required
Send electronic submissions of your CV and cover letter to ElSalvadorDRMJobs@chemonics.com by Friday, December 12. Please include “Chief of Party” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.