International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID/Uganda Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Contract. The five-year contract has the objective of achieving strengthened collaboration, learning and performance to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development. The contract will help USAID/Uganda strengthen its Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) and overall performance through a broad range of technical assistance, professional development, logistics, small grants and other staff support.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage efforts to achieve the contract results by providing overall technical, managerial, strategic, and financial guidance and oversight to the program;
- Provide overall vision and leadership to contract operations;
- Ensure the provision of timely, relevant, and high quality services;
- Facilitate the intended mutually supportive relationship between and among contract results;
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID on day-to-day contract implementation and management issues;
- Supervise the work of all personnel assigned to tasks under the contract;
- Ensure timely, accurate and user-friendly reporting on the progress and status of all services provided under the contract;
- Ensure the USAID-compliance and integrity of contract operations
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience managing and supervising complex, multi-country, multi-year international development projects;
- Excellent skills in project management, leadership, teamwork and teambuilding;
- Advanced interpersonal skills that enable effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders;
- Five years of experience in learning and adapting, improving business processes, or communications preferred;
- Familiarity with development issues and priorities specific to Uganda;
- Extensive demonstrable experience strengthening collaboration, learning and performance.
- At least 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility in managing large comprehensive contracts of similar nature, size and complexity;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with intergovernmental or government representatives and other stakeholders, particularly at the regional level;
- Quality past performance references; and
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures.
Working Environment: Corporate office environment as well as field work.
Education: Master’s Degree OR 5 years of experience in social sciences, development studies or a related field (in addition to the 10 year requirement noted above) for those without a Master’s degree.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: The position is based in Kampala but will require travel to other areas of Uganda.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.