International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Chief of Party (COP)
Department/Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports To: Home Office Director
IBTCI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to support a monitoring and evaluation project based in Nairobi, Kenya. The period of performance is five years. The COP will manage the contract and ensure that quality standards and schedules are met. The COP will define and manage overall requirements: including staffing, and cost and quality control of all tasks and assignments undertaken to achieve the objectives of the contract as assigned. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall management, guidance, and direction to the project team.
- Serve as the main point of contact between USAID and IBTCI.
- Ensure effective and efficient performance for all aspects of the contract.
- Oversee all quality control and reporting.
- Interact in a professional manner with senior Mission, Embassy and government officials.
- Ensure completion of all deliverables required under the contract are submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all contractual requirements.
- Provide technical guidance, administrative coordination, operations oversight for the project.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the client, implementing partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for overseeing sub-contractor’s work and performance as applicable.
- Manage all fiduciary duties in a responsible and professional manner.
- Travel is essential, and may include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas. An average of 25% to 35% travel for project implementation and/or project management initiatives. (Percentages may vary depending on projects and IBTCI practice needs).
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 10 years of experience in international development, including experience and/or technical knowledge in managing monitoring and evaluating multi-million dollar development projects.
- At least three years of experience as a Chief of Party.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
- Excellent communication, team management, and leadership skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel to various project sites in Somalia as needed.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience in a high threat environment.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Prior experience supervising long-term field staff and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts in the area of monitoring and evaluation.
Education: Master’s degree in the field of management, international development or a related technical field, or a bachelor’s degree and five years of experience required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.