- Minimum 10 years of experience managing and implementing complex, high-profile development programs in politically close and/or closing societies.
- Successful track record in implementing development programs focused on enhancing the capacity of independent civil society to develop, defend, and promote democracy, human rights, and free enterprise.
- Experience developing work plans, budgets, and programmatic activities.
- Experience in financial management and exercising financial oversight.
- Experience working with civil society, assessing organizational and programmatic capacity, mentoring, and coaching.
- Demonstrated professional excellence with proven leadership and management skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills with experience working in cross-cultural settings.
- Experience working sensitive projects in closed and/or closing societies.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in International Development, Political Science, Public Administration, or other relevant field.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Provides overall program leadership, management, and technical direction
- Serves as the program’s key liaison with USAID, project stakeholders, and partners in the public and private sectors
- Manages and supervises the work of program personnel and subcontractors
- Ensures that all assistance is technically sound, appropriate for the country’s context, and compliant with local laws and USAID regulations
- Leads the creation and implementation of a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Oversees work planning, performance management, donor reporting, and strategic communications
- Preforms other duties as assigned.
Masters or better in Political Science or related field.
10 years: Experience managing and implementing complex, high-profile development programs in politically close and/or closing societies.