Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Green Economy Program in Georgia. This program will support the modernization of high growth sectors of the Georgian economy that can provide substantial remunerative employment opportunities across the country. Specific focus will be paid to improving the quality and environmental impact of these sectors, in line with Georgia’s international commitments on climate change and market standards. Focus sectors may include solid waste management, tourism, light manufacturing, and ICT.
This position will be based in Tbilisi, Georgia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall direction, leadership, and management of the project to ensure seamless program implementation and ensure project technical assistance is high quality, technically sound, and appropriate.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to match USAID requirements.
- Oversee strategic work planning, performance management, strategic communications, contractual and budgetary aspects of program management, and timely preparation of the annual implementation plan.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the client, manage productive working relations with relevant government counterparts and entities, and maintain effective coordination with other donor and international organizations’ activities and programs in the economic growth sector.
- Establish an inclusive office environment that encourages integrity, honesty, open communications, and commitment to compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations, and Chemonics’ policies and procedures.
- Supervise technical and administrative project staff, consultants, and partner organizations to achieve expected results.
- Ensure compliance with USAID, U.S. government, and local laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- University degree (bachelors or higher) in business administration, economics, international development, environmental studies, or a related field.
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience in economic growth and business enabling environment activities that showcases increasing managerial responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading international donor-supported programs focused on economic growth; USAID experience preferred.
- Prior experience in the development of green economy sub-sectors preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisory work experience including supervision of technical teams and subcontractor partners to effectively respond to complex assignments.
- Experience working with a range of program partners, including government agencies, the private sector, associations, and civil society.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Prior work experience in Georgia and/or the Europe and Eurasia region preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to GreenEconRecruit@chemonics.com by June 30, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.